Recent content by LatorGator

1. LatorGator

Buying a Fleck 7000SXT model

Thanks Gary and Reach4. Hi Reach4, >> I suspect you can maybe buy the tank pre-loaded Yes that is what I meant by fully assembled. I want the tank pre-loaded with the resin and the fleck control and I can make the necessary plumbing connection. If that is not possible, how difficult it...
  2. LatorGator

Buying a Fleck 7000SXT model

Hi, Can you guys recommend a best and reliable place online, to buy the Fleck 7000SXT model ( fully assembled ) water softener? I have a local plumber who can install it for me. Thanks.
  3. LatorGator

Newbie: Selecting between the Fleck models

Thanks all. I am looking at the various options in ordering the 7000SXT on http://www.qualitywaterforless.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=F-R48-70SXT What kind of Resin Media is best? 8% Crosslink ResinTech CG8(C-249) Resin ( Is this the 10% crosslink...
  4. LatorGator

Thanks dittohead, Good to know about the big blue filters versus the tank design. Can you recommend any carbon tanks? or what to look for when selecting one? My neighboring friend had his Rainsoft installed last week. After the initial usual sales pitch of 4K+ , he finally got it installed for...
  5. LatorGator

Thanks Reach4, So what I understand from this is that there is a reserve settings that will allow me to keep some reserve of soft water in the tank until the regeneration happens. Based on my water consumption over a period I need to find the best settings for the reserve. Is this correct?
  6. LatorGator

Hi Gary & dittohead, >> You do not want immediate regeneration, and you do not want it to regenerate when you are using water, so keep the time of day set correctly. This is the part that confuses me. If I understand correctly a metered water softener (such as the 7000SXT) will start...
  7. LatorGator

Hi Gary & DittoHead, Thank you both for your reply. Hi dittohead, I got the readings from the Kinetico guy. He came by and did the water test at my place and gave me those readings which says chlorine < 1 ppm. Is this not correct? Hi Gary, For a family of 4 and the usage of 75 to 100...
  8. LatorGator

I would like to know which would be a better option for a water softener system. I have narrowed it down to between Fleck 9100SXT and Fleck 7000SXT. I am concerned if I buy the 7000SXT , it may end up regenerating once the required gallons of water has been used ( metered ) and it may not do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks