Recent content by larrymcg

1. larrymcg

Query: Quick hot water at shower with no recirculation pump

We have two baths back to back - the master bath with two sinks and a shower and the guest bath with one sink and a shower. I've found that if I run the master shower to get hot water (which happens quickly), the other sinks and the other shower still take a long time to get hot water. So...
  2. larrymcg

I think of a small pipe being able to deliver a small flow. Unless the pressure is high. But the pressure wouldn't be higher in one pipe versus another.
  3. larrymcg

This is a curiosity, not a problem. We have been in this house for several months and there is a gas fired hot water heater in the garage. It takes a long time for hot water to get to the bathrooms because there is no recirculation pump. However, hot water appears at the shower head of the...
  4. larrymcg

Toilet Double Flushes

I got the adjustable Korky flapper mentioned above. I was able to adjust it to work like I wanted it to. The simple instruction on how to adjust it were a bit mysterious to me but trial and error finally led to success. I found it just about impossible to rotate the white ring from closed to...
  5. larrymcg

Toilet Double Flushes

The house has 3 identical toilets and they all say they are American Standard 1.6gpf. They are labelled on the main part (not the tank) just behind where the toilet lid connections are. The other two toilets flush normally. By "double flush" I mean that the water rises in the bowl and then...
  6. larrymcg

Toilet Double Flushes

Just moved into a 15 year old home so I think the toilet of interest is that old. It is an American Standard 1.6gpf two piece toilet. The tank seems really big to me and when flushed, the flapper stays open so long that all the water is used. This results in a double flush. The flapper...
  7. larrymcg

?How to Eliminate toilet paper jams?

Clogging Problem Solved! I solved my clogging issue by installing a new TOTO Drake 1.6gpf toilet. That thing really flushes! --Larry
  8. larrymcg

Actually, we were referring to Costco toilet paper.
  9. larrymcg

I mis-typed the year. It's a 2003 model, not 1993. Costco TP - much lighter than other brands I've Used. I've been using the "flush as you go" plan for years with this toilet which means I actually flush 2 or 3 times. So I'm REALLY defeating the low flow concept!
  10. larrymcg

I have an American Standard toilet (new in 1993) that, for several years, has a hard time flushing even moderate amounts of toilet paper. It seemed good when first new but after a couple years started showing issues. Over the last year it has gotten very touchy. What happens is that the flush...
  11. larrymcg

Water pressure high? Need PRV.

I'm seeing PRVs which claim to have a standard bypass feature which permits the flow of water back through the valve into the main when pressures, due to thermal expansion on the outlet side of the valve, exceed the pressure in the main supply. Wouldn't that remove the need for an expansion...
  12. larrymcg

I have a recirculating pump to keep hot water available through the house (water heater at one end of house, two bathrooms at the other end). Does a recirculating pump add appreciably to the water pressure in the house? --Larry
  13. larrymcg

I just had a serious bout with our sewer line (maybe fixed now) but the people who did the work also did an inspection of our plumbing. They measured our water pressure at 90psi and got really agitated about that being way too high and that I needed to install a PRV, immediately! A previous...
  14. larrymcg

Dishwasher Rack Rusting - too soon?

It appears that parts for Miele dishwashers are not available on any site in the known internet universe. Although some sites say they have parts they list none. So, Miele is too exotic for my house in the future. I will definitely go with a more available brand next time. Here's an example...
  15. larrymcg

Dishwasher Rack Rusting - too soon?

Thanks about the tip for epoxy coated racks. The tops of the tines look fine. It's the bottoms where the tines are attached to the rest of the rack. And it's primarily in one area of the rack - right, front as you look into the washer. --Larry
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks