Recent content by larryjones

1. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

Very much appreciated. Thanks for bearing with me!
  2. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

I'm a little slow but I think I got it now. #1. Pull jumpers. #2. Run newly purchased 24vac to R & C on the EIM. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075PN6NCV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3TYKI3C4ZGTOB&psc=1 #3. Run the pre-existing red and white from the boiler setup back to RH & W on the EIM.
  3. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

Need constant 24vac to the EIM to power the unit, right? My problem now is that I have only R and W going to the EIM and it has no power. If I add a "C" via the Venstar plug in that gives me the "C" that I need?
  4. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

I need constant power and control from the boiler to the EIM so it can then communicate wirelessly with the stat on the upper floor.
  5. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

Thanks, Stuff. I linked a 24vac. Is this what I need? Also linked the wiring diagram for the EIM (page 6). I have red and white from the existing boiler setup per the photo. 1. So run red to "RH" and white to "W" on the EIM.... 2. Then, use the plug-in tranformer to run a line to "C" after...
  6. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

Ok thanks, Jim. I'll give it a go in the morning and see if I can make any headway. Much appreciated.
  7. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

8. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

I've posted a few photos of the transformer and the EIM. I wasn't exactly following your lead ;) I'm a carpenter by trade so bear with me. Can I run an 18-3 wire from point A to point B to accomplish the goal? Thanks!
  9. larryjones

Need to Add a C Wire

Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. I have a 130 yr old house with a 5 yr old Buderus boiler running 3 zones. Two of the zones are fine and working on basic stats. The 3rd zone (upper floor) had a new wire run during recent renovation (by me) and I have since discovered that the wire is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks