Recent content by Larcal

1. Larcal

Tankless system using 100# propane bottle?

Surely "215 gallon" is a typo. Of course such a large size wouldn't freeze up. Could you clarify please?
  2. Larcal

25 gallons (i.e, 100 lb tank) is 2,300,000 btu's. A good ballpark is 100k/hour to heat water for a shower. If take 10 minute showers thats 16,600 btu per shower or 138 showers per tank. Many people have transport issues. Go without a hot shower for a few years and you might think that tank is...
  3. Larcal

Hi Abel,--Could you tell me at how low a temperature you have been able to totally empty those 5 gallon tanks at your max of 75k btu's? I assume you mean just one tank at a time is being consumed, that you are not linking them together. Thinking about a similiar rugged setup. Thanks
  4. Larcal

Konasean--it depends on how cold it is around your tank, and how many btu's you are drawing. The smaller the tank(i.e the less gas you have) the warmer it has to be to emit the high btu's of a tankless heater. Even a 5 gallon tank may emit enough btu's to work in cold temps but you'll only be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks