Recent content by lambtron

1. lambtron

Grohmix Tub Shower Valve Problems

I suspect the hole is a pressure relief for the valve's inner plunger shaft. If this is the case then the replacement screw should also have a hole in it to prevent the stressful pressure difference that would otherwise develop when the shaft moves back and forth in the valve cylinder. Make...
  2. lambtron

Leaking Grohe model 34-436.

Problem solved Final Report: I installed a new hot stop valve yesterday and the leak is fixed. Although the cold stop valve wasn't leaking, I did notice some wear on the same o-ring that failed in the hot stop valve. Also, the outsides of both the hot and cold stop valves were discolored...
  3. lambtron

O-ring update I searched the Internet high and low but couldn't find a kit with o-rings that are even close to the size I need. In fact, I found only one supplier that lists the needed size (and it isn't available in any of their kits), with a minimum order of $25 plus shipping. That's the...
  4. lambtron

I couldn't believe it either! I went to Home Depot, Napa Auto and a specialty plumbing supply store, and except for one o-ring I found, none of their in-stock o-rings were even close. That's good advice and exactly what I did. I purchased and installed the closest o-ring I could find, but...
  5. lambtron

Same problem, less costly solution Replacing the stop valves is an expensive way to fix this problem. I am currently working to solve this same problem (a slow leak in my Integrated Grohmix 34-436), but I hope to solve it in a less costly way. Before I explain my troubleshooting/repair...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks