Recent content by kylepeavy

1. kylepeavy

Drafty Lighting

I recently replaced the trim on my recessed lights with Commercial Electric T47 air tight trim. Apparently the T47 is discontinued or at least Home Depot doesn't carry it. It looks very similar to the Halo in your link. Mine are pretty air-tight if you adjust the height of the socket so it's...
  2. kylepeavy

Adjustable variance thermostat?

Thanks for the advice Jim. I will definitely replace with a variable speed fan & compressor when I replace. Is there any reason not to replace the two units (upstairs & downstairs) with a single multi-zone unit? The units are close to each other in the attic, so the extra duct-work needed...
  3. kylepeavy

I live in Dallas, and it gets incredibly hot upstairs (over 100) if I leave it completely off in the middle of the summer. I'm worried about the effect that might have on wood furniture, pictures, etc...
  4. kylepeavy

Thanks, you bring up a good point that is probably is oversized. I would like to replace the two systems with a single two zone, multi-stage system. Don't you think that would be the best? But, since these units are only 7 years old, I'm trying to make do with what I have for the time...
  5. kylepeavy

I like to leave my upstairs a/c set at 85 during the day in the summer (that's the max it will go).... I noticed that during the heat of summer, the upstairs a/c cycles on every 15 minutes for about 2 minutes or less. I guess that the thermostat is +/- 1 degree and it's pretty quick to cool...
  6. kylepeavy

Bathroom vent flapper noise from wind

Magnets Work Great! My vents are stainless so the magnets wouldn't stick to just the metal. But, I bought a "roll" of thin magnet at home depot, glued one on each side, and it works great. About 1" of magnet provides the right strength to keep it closed when the wind blows, but still allow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks