Recent content by Kubismo

1. Kubismo

kitchen sink draining into dishwasher

Regarding the air gap - how come it can't be under the counter but high up in the cabinet? Why does it need to be above the counter? It's hard to install post hoc given that I'd have to drill a hole in the granite counter...
  2. Kubismo

Sloped ceiling insulation

ha! no more than 5 minutes after my last post. Ecologic Spray Foam called me (I left them a message a couple of days ago). Looks like they can do my ceiling for about $400... so that's gets into the realm of possibility. It'll probably only cost $100-$150 more than the iso you mentioned, but...
  3. Kubismo

Thanks Dana - that's a lot of help - much appreciated. The beer is in the mail!
  4. Kubismo

Dana I just saw your note - looks like we both posted at teh same time. I'm not familiar with iso, but I'll look into it. Thanks
  5. Kubismo

Thanks for teh notes gents... question still is, if my first option wasn't the best, what is? The 2x4s have been there since 1933, so I'm guessing they are strong enough for the little snow we get in Van. Any advice on how to best insulate this space then? How about adding an inch of wood...
  6. Kubismo

I'm remodelling my kitchen, and i'm having to redo the ceiling in the dining portion of the room. The original ceiling is a sloped structure following the roof line, made of lath and plaster with no insulation. It is about 10 feet wide and 7 feet long, so not a large space. The ceiling studs are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks