Recent content by Kskier

1. Kskier

Problems installing Moen shower valve.

I converted my dual control water shower valves to a single control. It is a Moen (moen63170)rough in 4 port with stops. The problem is, after I have hooked up all the connections, I get no water flow out of tub spout or the shower arm. I have played around with the stops by opening and closing...
  2. Kskier

Water Softener ruining my hot water tank????

gas fired,,,,,,,,,,,,,"State" tank started leaking...50 gallon....65,000 BTU.......someone told me that the water softener will cause the anod rod to corrode twice as fast, which will put more rust in bottom of tank, causing bottom of tank to heat up more than rest of tank causing a leak????Is...
  3. Kskier

Changing water pressure on house pressure regulator.

I have an old inline whole house pressure regulator. My city water pressure is around 85 pounds. I have tried to adjust the regulator with a gauge attached right after the regulator with no change in pressure at gauge. 2 questions......the regulator is about 20 years old....is it possible that...
  4. Kskier

Water Softener ruining my hot water tank????

I was wondering if anyone has any info that a water softener caused a hot water tank to prematurely fail? I have had to replace my hot tanks (I have 2)3 times in the last 10 years. I am on normal city water. Someone told me, that if I remove the anod rod in my hot water tank, that will solve the...
  5. Kskier

Changing boiler water pump.

My water pump on my boiler is making noise. I was going to change it out. It is an American Standard with a Gossit pump. On the zone manifold there are drain valves. Before changing pump, I was going to shut off water supply to the boiler, then open up drain valves to relieve the pressure and...
  6. Kskier

Changing boiler water pump.

My water pump on my boiler is making noise. I was going to change it out. It is an American Standard with a Gossit pump. On the zone manifold there are drain valves. Before changing pump, I was going to shut off water supply to the boiler, then open up drain valves to relieve the pressure and...
  7. Kskier

Well water building up calcium deposits.........

Is there a in-line filter to put in after the pump to eliminate calcium buildup? This is destroying coffee makers and is plugging up my washer. Any advise?
  8. Kskier

Installing Pergo laminate flooring

I am installing some laminate flooring. Should you start at the entry doorway & lay the boards parallel with the entry way or follow the wall line? Should you stagger the joints, or keep them the same all the way accross the room? What holds the beginning boards so they don't drift off center? I...
  9. Kskier

Installing Pex Questions

Good morning. I am redoing all of my water supply with pex. I have an upstairs area that I am going to turn into an apartment for my mother. I was planning on running 3/4 pex up there, and cap it untill I am ready to redo that area. My water pressure is close to 70lbs. I was going to run a...
  10. Kskier

installing an expansion tank

Thank you for all of your help....Karl
  11. Kskier

Local code says any time you put a new hot water tank, or any other plumbing you need a expansion tank. I am not going to have this work inspected, but I was just wondering the right way to put one in. And yes, I do have a back flow perventer right after water meter.
  12. Kskier

I am putting in some new plumbing, and I have to put an expansion tank in. My questions are do I need one for my hot water tank, and the main water supply, or just my main water supply? Where do I mount it, right after the water meter? If I need one for the hot water tank as well, do I mount it...
  13. Kskier

Why use purple primer on sche 40

I am putting in some new 3" sche 40 drain pipe for a toilet, and I was told to use the purple primer before I glue the pieces together. Why do I need to do this, and do I apply the primer to both joints?
  14. Kskier

back-up water powered sump

thanks for the reply. I have looked into the battery setup, and I have never had good luck with battery back up anything. I just ended up buying the guardian from aymcdonald, and I have to say that it keeps up with my zoeler electric pump. it was alot more money.....347.00, virsus 99.00 for the...
  15. Kskier

back-up water powered sump

i have installed a back-up water sump from home depot, and it is not keeping up with the water coming into the sump hole. i have installed 3/4 pipe right off the main 3/4 line. a local dealer carries the guardian pump by aymcdonald, whcih i am leaning towards, but it is 3 times the price, and i...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks