Recent content by kregas

1. kregas

Ground wire

Thanks for all the help. I was told originally that conduit was required for any exposed wiring runs and romex was acceptable if enclosed in the wall. I ran the 14/2 romex in the 1/2" conduit all the way to the junction where I have a metal junction box in the ceiling and ran romex out into...
  2. kregas

Ground wire

Everything is encased in 1/2" conduit...even the wiring I'm installing. The run I was referring to without the copper ground are wires that lead to a pullchain light in the basement. I tapped off it to put in a switch for it and added a few more lights. Is there an alternative grounding...
  3. kregas

Ground wire

I'm wiring some lighing and outlets right now in my basement. When I opened a few existing junction boxes to tap into, there was only black and white wiring...no ground....so I tapped in some storage lighing the same way. Seeing this was done when the house was built in 2004, I just finished...
  4. kregas

Finishing basement bathroom walls

I'm finishing a bathroom in my basement and I have a few things when it comes to the concrete backer/drywall that leaves me a little confused. I have a tub installed with a shower head. I plan to surround the tub with 1/2 inch concrete backer for tile. (I'm using 1/2 inch drywall in the rest...
  5. kregas

New bathroom drainage - Plan of attack

Thanks for the fast reply. I think I'm on my way.
  6. kregas

So ultimately instead of cutting and capping the pipes on either side of the toilet I can simply continue thep up to the soffit and tie them in with the 2" vent and I won't need to install any additional venting? Therefore, the pipe to the right of the toilet will vent the tub/shower, the one...
  7. kregas

With the help of everyone here, I think I've figured out how I'm going to tackle the job. My only hang-up is venting. The picture below shows where I plan to tap-in to the existing plumbing, but my concern is that there is only 1 - 2" vent that I'll be using a reducer tee to tap in for the...
  8. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

Well, the plumber was just here. You guys were right on the money. He recommended to cut the concrete 5' across to extend the shower drain to accomodate a right hand shower drain so there is access to it in the future. I also have to cut out the concrete 8" for the toilet because it's too...
  9. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

No, that's the only thing that actually looks correct in the rough-in. Just a bad angle in the picture is all. Not trying to stir the pot, but who's to blame in all this? Plumber? Builder? Inspector?? There was a reply before that rough-in's are often done poorly. If this is common...
  10. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

I'm not sure I understand your questions. I'm putting in a left hand 60" x 35" tub/shower. It "should" line up to the drain pit. Not sure what you mean by stand pipe/indirect waste
  11. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

Wow. Nice to pay $1300 for the rough in to find out it's wrong. Probably why my builder filed for bankruptcy this year. Unfortunately, the wall existing is load bearing so I can't do much with it. As for measurements, not really much there. The existing pipes butt up against the wall...
  12. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

1. The diameter of the pipes to the left and right of the toilet flange are 1 1/2". Can these just be vented into an open cavity? 2. If I dont want to cut the concrete, will this mean that I'll be able to see the piping at the bottom of the wall before I turn them inside the wall? 3...
  13. kregas

Basement rough-in issues

When our house was built 3 years ago, we had the basement roughed in for a bathroom. I recently started finishing it and never really looked at the plumbing until now. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer for me: 1. The large pipe to the left runs into the ceiling. I assume it's a...
  14. kregas

Basement Layout

I purchased a power management system from Monster Cable. I think this should be ok as far as surge protection/noise/etc. The closet isn't going to hold anything that will generate large amounts of heat. All the components will be on the outside in one of the main rooms. The closet is...
  15. kregas

Basement Layout

I am in the process on finishing my basement. It consists of 2, 225sq/ft rooms and a full bathroom. Can anyone tell me if I might possibly be wrong in my electrical layout? Circuit 1 - 20amp breaker and 12/2 ROMEX®. I wired the receptacles for both main rooms. There are 10 total with the first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks