Recent content by kimby

1. kimby

Moen 8343, Can PEX be used with Moen tub/shower with handheld shower -commercial 8343

Ok, So just to be clear. Both the temp valve and the diverter valve are 1/2". Should we use 3/4" pex to maintain the volume or use 1/2" PEX. In looking at the 1/2" PEX fitting compared to 1/2 copper fitting I can see that the pex is a smaller opening.
  2. kimby

Moen 8343, Can PEX be used with Moen tub/shower with handheld shower -commercial 8343

This has a separate Temp valve before the diverter valve. Could we bring to pex right up to the temp valve and then switch to copper? Or do we need to stop the pex before we even get close to the hot/cold mix valve?
  3. kimby

Hi, We are renovating our bathroom and are going to go with installing the Moen 8343 Double Handle Posi-Temp Tub and Shower Valve with Handshower from the Commercial Collection. https://www.moen.com/professional/products/8343 My question is can PEX be used on any sections of this install...
  4. kimby

Americast Tub creaking

NO Foam OK....Got it. NO Foam. Just to be clear.........if I can't stand the creaking the only other option is to cut out tile, remove amount of concrete board necessary for tub removal and install new tub?? Thanks, Kim
  5. kimby

Americast Tub creaking

Thanks Hi everyone, Thanks for all of your advice. "Krow"....I will give your caulking advice a try. I also had suspected the shimming...except the weird thing is...it creaks on both ends.....the shimmed end and the non shimmed end. But the tub is completely level. Does the tub...
  6. kimby

Americast Tub creaking

We installed an Americast bathtub during our bathroom remodel. In the process of tiling the surround we have noticed the it creaks ALOT. A ledger board was used, installed at the correct height, and was completely level. The floor at the front apron was slightly out of the level, so some shims...
  7. kimby

Installing American Standard Americast Tub

Hi, This forum is great....OK I know some like them and some hate them...but we are installing an american standard americast "princeton" tub and after reading threads on this site I am confussed. From what the directions say, we need to install only one 2X4 along the 60 inch wall, use...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks