Recent content by khedrei

1. khedrei

Need Basement bathroom Rough-In advice. Pics included.

cacher_chick, thank you. You're advice has been most helpful. I agree HJ, and I will be using the transition cement or a Ferco depending on how it comes together. I suppose it could still be possible for the joint to fail years down the road, but by that logic, ANYTHING is possible. It is...
  2. khedrei

HJ, you are absolutely right that minimum code, legal, and what you should do are all different things. Well, legal and code kind of fit in together no?... Anyway I know what you mean, and that is exactly my point, and was my trouble with some of the advice that came in from the start. I...
  3. khedrei

I only mentioned friend of a friend to clarify that I have a connection with him. He isn't some fly by night plumber I found at the hardware store. He has done work for me before, and I actually know that he has 15 years of experience rather than someone saying they have experience with no...
  4. khedrei

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the advice, and I am looking into my options because I do want to do this properly. But considering I asked questions regarding venting and all I got at first was a simple, that's wrong, call a plumber... Well, I could have done that. I'm looking to get advice...
  5. khedrei

So back to the topic.... The elbow is easy to change. You say a short radius one is better than a regular elbow. I understand why you would want a long radius one so why the mention of a short radius being useful? I suppose that is the kind I should put in? The current fitting is attached...
  6. khedrei

Actually I am definitely as smart as I think I am. Meaning I know my limitations and when and where to ask for advice. The OBC says this: Ontario Building Code (OBC) requirements for a drainage system constructed in conjunction with a building are complex. It is critical that design...
  7. khedrei

I've done a bit of an internet search and I can't find anything that says green PVC is illegal. I'm also not sure why the elbow would be illegal. I'm not a licenced plumber but I'm smart enough to know that a colour of a pipe isn't enough to determine if it is illegal. There is more to it...
  8. khedrei

I am looking for some advice on exactly where to put the vent(s) in this situation. I want to do this properly and use whatever sizes of pipe required by code. I have the chisel on hand so I will do what is necessary regarding distances from traps to the vent. This is my own personal...
  9. khedrei

Power Vent for water heater, venting material

Also, what would be the proper way to attach it to the blower motor? Currently it is attached with one of those gear clamp rubber plumbing couplings. Would I reuse that?
  10. khedrei

Power Vent for water heater, venting material

I am moving my water heater over a couple feet. It is a power vent water tank. Currently it is vented with black ABS pipe 2". I am under the impression that this exhaust pipe is not up to the curent codes. Is it PVC now? A special kind? Can someone who is knowledgable with the code in...
  11. khedrei

Drain gurgle/venting problem tub and shower

Just to clarify, the sinks are not connected to this branch of 1.5. They're on the other side of the washroom. They may connect tto the same 3 inch in the basement or in the wall but this branch of 1.5 that I pictured is just the tub and shower. Hj is there a way to slow down the drain? What...
  12. khedrei

Thanks Terry and everyone else. I appreciate the tips for the future so I know how to fix things. Is anyone able to answer whether closing off the drain somewhat to slow down the tub drain is a good way to solve this. Aside from doing a major demo of course. It's a stand alone tub so there...
  13. khedrei

Thanks for all the advice. Terry, It was all done originally with 1.5" with both fixtures hooked up. I guess two lines on one drain was in the code back then? I know a plumber I hired tied my washing machine stand pipe into the same drain as my bathroom vanity on the same wall on a wet vent...
  14. khedrei

Any advice would be appreciated. Here is the new set up. It was all done with 1.5 inch ABS, which is the same as what was in there before. I was not able to upgrade to 2 inch without ripping out all kinds of walls downstairs. Everything is sloped properly. Problem: If I fill the tub...
  15. khedrei

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

Bringing an old thread back to the top... My mother had a flood this summer. The hose on the toilet apparently burst. I believe it was the plastic part that connect to the valve at the toilet tank. I don't know for sure because the plumber took the part with him so I never got to see it. He...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks