Recent content by khalsa

1. khalsa

heat pump problem

satisfied? not sure how i can check it. the heat will run via the furnace (air handler or whatever is in the house) but it isn't very effective and will be in emergency heat.
  2. khalsa

heat pump problem

Money has been tight, so I haven't done anything about my heat pump. I would like to update this a bit and see if anyone can pinpoint the issue a bit. When I run the AC, the fan keeps spinning on the heat pump (it doesn't shut off after a couple seconds like it does when the heat is running)...
  3. khalsa

heat pump problem

Thanks. It is working fine. If it is going into defrost, I think it stays there-- but I can't hear anything. I'll check it out in a few days once the temps reach over freezing. I will keep you posted.
  4. khalsa

heat pump problem

Is this what you mean about it (the fan?) not running below freezing? someone showed me the installation instruction manual here http://iompics.com/downloads/Heat%20Pumps%202014/Outdoor%20Splits/1.5%20to%205%20TONS/25HCC5%2015%20SEER%201%20Phase/Install%20Instructions%2025HCC5/25hcb-c-5si.pdf...
  5. khalsa

heat pump problem

I was missing it before, but the fan on the heatpump actually runs for 7-8 seconds every time I turn the thermostat off and back on (after 5-10min or so) as it's turning off I can hear what sounds like pressure releasing and a single small click sound (is that the internal overload?) as the fan...
  6. khalsa

heat pump problem

it's around 28 F outside and my other heat pump is running fine.
  7. khalsa

heat pump problem

when i turn the heat on my thermostat the heat pump doesn't come on outside. i can see it start for about a second (the fan moves a tiny bit) and then it stops. it's a carrier performance series heat pump (25hcc542a300). any ideas on where i should start looking? thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks