Recent content by Kg2k

1. Kg2k

New well (9 mo. old) stopped producing water

Thanks. I actually do have a valve before the filter. I have an unusual setup in that I have my spindown filter before the pressure tank. I thought it was a good idea but I found out afterward that it's not the standard way of doing things. I am using a coarse filter in my spindown filter. It...
  2. Kg2k

Thanks for the response. The well is cased to 30'. The sandstone bedrock starts at 14'. It's actually running better now, as if it freed up or something. I got 5 minutes, then waited, then I got ten, then waited. Now I have been running for 15+ minutes. I am running off a connection before the...
  3. Kg2k

Hello, I just had a new well drilled in January because my old well was producing massive amounts of debris over a very long period of time. The new well was producing 7 gpm when it was drilled. Just the other day I noticed my spin down filter had a lot of debris in it (looks like rust). I...
  4. Kg2k

Add iron out/rust out to Neutralizer?

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of just adding it to the top where you add the mineral and then backwashing, hoping it got mixed up well during backwash. I will try the longer backwash by unplugging the control. Unless something has changed there should be no danger of my well...
  5. Kg2k

I just click the dial over and let it do it's thing. Never timed it. Ph was like 7.5 last time I tested it. Just me in the house.
  6. Kg2k

Yes, I manually backwash it but have never gone more than a week without backwashing. Lately been doing twice a week.
  7. Kg2k

I haven't seen this addressed and I did search. I have an acid neutralizer. After I installed it I was amazed by how it reduced the red staining in the toilets and fixtures to almost non-existent. It's been a few months now and the staining is back almost to where it was. I see that people add...
  8. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

I just figured I would come back and give an update. I installed the neutralizer, which I purchased from cleanwaterstore.com. I went with the Fleck 2510 and 1.5 cf tank. I finally installed it just under 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the results so far. Not only does my water test...
  9. Kg2k

Gary's softener sizing chart question

I was still thinking of that but when I figured the hardness was going to be around 10, I figured I should probably treat it. 10 is consdiered pretty hard, isn't it? Thanks for the backflush info, that's good to know. I thought the 1.5 cu ft softener needed 7gpm for a proper backflush. Can't...
  10. Kg2k

Gary's softener sizing chart question

On the softener sizing chart it instructs you to measure the flow from a tub and tells you how to do that. From there it tells you to call him to get the SFR gpm you need. What is the rest of the formula? I followed his test and came up with ~6.5 gpm from the tub. I have 2 bathrooms and one...
  11. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

I have been sidetracked with a bunch of other stuff so I haven't progressed any more on this. I have a couple other questions, if you don't mind. I don't have a drain anywhere near my water main/pressure tank. The drain I would probably tie into is about 35' away. Can I just run pex to tie into...
  12. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

Thanks, Gary and Ak. Gary, do you think a softener would be reccomended for my water results as well? I was half thinking of just going with the AN and seeing how things look, but, I might be better off to do it all at once. For the AN, I was thinking either this unit...
  13. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

It takes about 24-48 hours for a brown/red streak to appear if I leave the bathtub faucet dripping. A few days for the toilet to show some minor staining. The 2510 is a manual backwash, right? I thought I read that somewhere. Do I really need blended media with a PH of 5.9? It looks like...
  14. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

I get it about the upper listing but an acid neutralizer isn't something that it appears you can pick up at a home depot or lowe's and there aren't really any other local choices. It seems difficult to find reseller reviews for online water treatment stores... I do have a whole house filter...
  15. Kg2k

Water treatment advice

My water gets pretty good red stains though. My inline filter also is completely red/brown. It's a marked improvement over the old well but still seems pretty bad. Any opinion on cleaanwaterstore.com? They seems to always come up near the top on a google search, not that that means anything...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks