Recent content by keyonman

1. keyonman

Fernco or FluidMaster floor seal

Sorry for my ignorance here but I did not quite understand your reply. So do I need to worry if the O ring does not actually go inside the pipe when I drop the toilet into the flange. BTW, I was using the Drake Toto which I think is similar to the one pictured. Thanks gain for such a quick reply.
  2. keyonman

Fernco or FluidMaster floor seal

After my tile installation, my floor flange is about 3/4 inche below the fisnished floor. I posted on another thread here and one of the suggestions was to use a fernco or a fluidmaster waxless kit. I bought the Fluidmaster 7500 and I was going to follow your installation as seen on the picture...
  3. keyonman

Toilet flange above or level with floor

I was at Home Depot to check the closet flange spacer mentioned above and also the waxless seal recommended above. I did come across a Fluidmaster Wax Extender Kit. Basically, it is an extra thick reinforced wax bowl gasket. It did say that it is recommended if floor flange is too low ( 1/4" to...
  4. keyonman

Thanks for all your replies. I will check the Closet Flange Spacer and the waxless seal. If there are anymore suggestions, please keep them coming. I will not install the toilet for another week as I am still finishing the rest of the bathroom. Before I installed the tiles, I did try to see...
  5. keyonman

I am new DIY here so please go easy. I just redid my second floor bathroom and installed tiles on the floor. I did install 1/4 inch hardibacker cement board over the original wood subfloor and then proceeded to install the tiles (1/4 inch thick) over it. My question now is this: When I removed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks