Recent content by kevint

1. K

Replacement bathtub for 60x30 alcove

Yes, it would have made the tile much harder to do. The tub is now dry-fitted once again after I removed the 1/2" plywood from under the tub that I put down over the entire floor. I only have 1/4" gap now at the lowest point, which will be easily covered up by the Ditra and tile. I will cut...
  2. K

So put down the plastic, then piles of mortar, then another layer of plastic. Try to drop the tub vertically on top of the mortar to squish it down, and level it before it starts to setup. Few more questions: 1) Is it necessary that the tub apron be supported? Do I need to shim continuously...
  3. K

Hi, Trying to install my Americast tub. The floor underneath the tub is about 3/4" lower on the left-hand side (drain side) than the right-hand side. I have to shim the tub about 3/4" to allow the tub to sit perfectly flat on my ledger board. I was planning to do a mortar bed for this...
  4. K

Do the Vikrell tubs require a mortar bed underneath? I've read mixed things about the Americast tubs needing (or prohibiting) a mortar bed for support.
  5. K

Hi, I'm renovating my 1955 bungalow's main bathroom. I removed the brown cast iron tub, and I'm looking for a replacement. The alcove is 60" x 30". I'm trying to find the deepest tub possible for the space. I bought an Aquatic Gelcoat fiberglass tub from HD. I pulled it out of the box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks