Recent content by kevinp

1. kevinp

"proper" method of bullnose around tub/shower surround?

You don't want to mix two different size bullnose tile there, 6" is fine. The top is the most visible so starting with a full bn tile at the top is a good idea unless it leaves a small piece at the bottom. Do the layout the way it pleases you the most.
  2. kevinp

Which States and Provinces require flood testing your next shower renovation?

Springfield, MO area, Flood testing is rare and showers are not inspected. Testing would save a lot of homeowners substantial grief.
  3. kevinp

How to install an undermount sink to your bathroom counter top.

Let me be totally transparent.. I manufacture Sinkits sink clamps, a new clamping system for mounting undermount sinks to stone and quartz counters. That being said I have 18 years experience as a stone fabricator installing undermount sinks. There is more than one way to skin a cat, but one...
  4. kevinp

Whats this adhesive plastic this guy is using in this video?

Lap the plastic over the shower pan lip and eliminate the flashing tape. Use a heavy plastic and it will accomplish the same thing.
  5. kevinp

Building shower pan on concrete floor

There's been very good advice given here. I agree a thin liquid membrane is not the ideal method for waterproofing the floor/pan. Some liquid membranes will actually dissolve when constantly in contact with moisture. (Go figure!)
  6. kevinp

How big, if any, should the gaps be between cement board when using for tile backer?

I believe all CBU should have an 1/8 gap that is filled with mortar. Some manufacturers require joints to be taped with a mesh tape.
  7. kevinp

In the Trades Forum

I'm new to the forum, great info to be had. I will help when I can! Please add me to the professional trades section!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks