Recent content by Kevink1955

1. Kevink1955

First time soldering, can this be trusted?

That will be humming along well after the ProPress "O" rings leak Good Job
  2. Kevink1955

Pump just died. Help!!!

Good to see but still a lot of work
  3. Kevink1955

Need to know if well heat lamp is working

While that would tell him if the lamps have power it would not protect from a burnt out bulb. To do that would require some sort of current sensing circuit May I sugjest a heating thermostat located at the target of the lamps, set it for the minimum temperature that would be acceptable, if the...
  4. Kevink1955

Electrical caulk for MC PVC cable connectors

Or a couple of wraps of vinyl electrical tape around the cable where it sits in the connector. Not code But.......
  5. Kevink1955

Pitless adapter won't come out

If he stacked the valve boxes he would need very long arms to service the valve anyway. I have had trouble working in an 18 inch deep pit, hard to get any leverage that far in.
  6. Kevink1955

Petersberg VA well production

Never got back to this post because I could not get anything from the new homeowners except "we do not want to run the well dry" While showing us their new house they proudly showed us the 18 inch square rain fall shower head they just DIY installed, I said nothing. Later that evening both the...
  7. Kevink1955

The CycleStop valve sounds like a good idea, I am going down there on Sunday for a week so I will have a chance to scope out what they have. Will report back what I find Thanks guys for the help and ideas
  8. Kevink1955

Thanks Cary I do not think this is as big a deal as it's being made out to be, of course I have always lived in homes with city water so what do I know Lol I come here almost daily as I have always loved all things mechanical and really feel bad for the posters that have a house full of family...
  9. Kevink1955

My wife purchased a slip and slide for our grandson and our new homeowner daughter says " we cannot use it, we have a well" They have been in the house 3 weeks and have never run out of water, I have them looking for an inspection report that may tell us what kind of well and pump but in the...
  10. Kevink1955

Confused on the wiring for stove and dryer transfer to new house

I think what James was getting at in the original post was that he had a 3 wire service to the trailer, I am assuming the trailer was feed off a power pole remote from the trailer. That would make the power pole the main disconnect, anything after the disconnect (the trailer)should have been 4...
  11. Kevink1955

Attaching water sample spigot to wellhead

Before you unscrew anything, show or tell us what is under the relief valve under the black wrap. I would not want to unscrew anything on top of the well cap just incase the relief valve is the only thing holding the discharge pipe and pump from falling into the well !! Even if you can remove...
  12. Kevink1955

Deep well system problem.

Let us know how the flow test goes, They do not tell us what days we can go out in the US but we have people complaining about closures of non esensal business but in the areas where they opened up restrictions a few days ago the infections are rising again. I am willing to give it a couple...
  13. Kevink1955

Deep well system problem.

Forget about the control box, you have an above ground and it appears to have a new pressure switch on the pump. Control boxes are used on submersible (in well) pumps Do a flow test straight off the pump and see if the flow drops off after it is running a few minutes, sounds like a well problem.
  14. Kevink1955

Water Heater flow restriction

Had time to troubleshoot this today, found the HW outlet is 3/4 fpt not a 3/4 X 3/4 nipple as I originally stated. Removed the piping and looking straight down the outlet fitting (that apears to be welded into the top of the tank) there is a white plastic piece that appears to have a small...
  15. Kevink1955

Water Heater flow restriction

Has anyone ever had a dielectric coupling (3/4 X 3/4 MPT) rust internally and restrict water flow I have a Larrs/Bradford White RV 75 indirect that devolved a restriction to the DWW flow. When flowing DHW you can hear a hissing noise around the HW outlet on the top of the tank so I am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks