Recent content by Kevin5656

1. K

Basement rough-in with pump

Based on the input, here’s how I was planning on mapping out the vent lines. Any issues? Toilet will have a 2” wet vent that connects to the bath sink line. After the sanitary tee to the sink, should I keep this 2” or can I downgrade to 1.5” for the vent? The floor drain next to the pump will...
  2. K

Thanks for the input. I’ll end up having a vent for both floor drains. The one in the mechanical room will vent to an AAV. The one near the pump will just tap into the vent line coming out of the pump - since this will be a dry vent that does up to the roof. Yes the first floor drain I picked...
  3. K

Thank you for the guidance. Yes will definitely install a trap primer for both floor drains. The floor drain in the mechanical room will end up having a AAV, the floor drain by the pump will have a vent that connects to the vent from the pump. That vent will tie into a dry vent that goes up to...
  4. K

Will take the guidance on the trap primers and factor that in when setting up the rough in with the plumber. Would the floor drain that’s 2-3 feet away from the main line still need a separate drain? It would be in the bathroom area
  5. K

Duplex system was a bit out of budget but I had explored it as an option. Thankfully the basement has never seen water in 30 years, but adding the drains just as a precaution since anything can happen. I am definitely leaning towards having a plumber come to lay down the rough in now. But...
  6. K

Copy that. Thank you! Will look into adding a trap primer for both floor drains. Due to the distance of the mechanical room from the existing vent lines, do you believe an AAV would be sufficient? If I had it come up the corner of the boiler room to a few feet off the ground.
  7. K

Terry Love- cancer update

New DIyer and just stumbled across this site a few weeks ago. Terry built an incredible platform. Deepest condolences to the family on the loss. Hope that Terry Love will continue his teachings on the other side!
  8. K

Hi everyone. Was just looking for some guidance and feedback on a basement rough in. Planning to install a sewage pump in the basement and figured I would add a half bath while I have everything opened up. Pump is going into the corner of the basement and will be tied into a clean out that is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks