Recent content by kendog2

1. kendog2

Separate or 3-Function Shower Controls

Ok, I am embarrassed that I asked about the glue. Thank you for setting me straight. Someone at the orange box told my husband that it worked just as well as soldering but that it might not be to code because codes are slow to catch up with technology. Instead we decided to go with pex pipe...
  2. kendog2

Converting Tub to Shower 2" Pipe?

Thank you again for your input. We ended up fixing the leak like this (too hard to make the water go away). I am a little nervous about trusting this "plastic" pex pipe to last forever. Does anyone know if it is advisable to use this where it will be buried by concrete? We will be wrapping...
  3. kendog2

Thank you for your reply. The copper tubing you see in the photo is the orginal copper that was installed when the house was built in 1990. My husband said that it is all soldered. Have codes changed since then to require ridged copper pipe? This is a bit confusing. Is it ok to use the pex...
  4. kendog2

Thank you. I have never heard of a toe-tester diverter but it sounds like a good idea. What does a toe-tester diverter spout look like. Is it the same thing as a bath spout? Since we have not yet removed the bath spout, should we leave it to use as the tester or would that look odd?
  5. kendog2

One of the copper pipes was punctured by the jackhammer. We had trouble soldering it because the pipes kept filling with water though we tried several methods to remove the water. We decided to switch to pex pipe and shark bite fittings. We have discovered that the copper pipe is still...
  6. kendog2

Thanks to everyone for their input. We sought advice here because we wanted to find out the best way to do this project. There is no way we want to do a shoddy job. If we didn't care about doing it right, we wouldn't have bothered to ask for help. We aren't afraid of doing extra work. We just...
  7. kendog2

Thank you for both for your advice. I think I used the wrong term when I said that the shower would be a walk-in. I meant doorless. We will have at least a 4" curb. I am not sure what you is meant by the statement "you can never go from a large size drain to a smaller size, only small to...
  8. kendog2

We are installing a doorless walk-in shower. It will have inside measurements of 32"x72". We want to have a shower head at one end and a hand-held with a bench at the other end. I have been reading the posts about how much the valves and trim kits cost. It's pretty scary. We need to do...
  9. kendog2

We are converting a tub/shower to a doorless walk-in shower. The drain is 1 1/2". We have been told that code requires us to convert it to a 2" drain. We have a concrete slab (not post-tensioned). The 1 1/2" pipes disappear into the back wall behind the shower. We don't want to open all of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks