Recent content by kencaz

1. kencaz

Heavy Duty Electrical Plub/Outlet question...

Since when do Electricians care about saving money? :) Again, true, however, I always choose ampacity according to the breaker size not the appliance load. He, could probably get away with running #8 and a 40A breaker as well, which would save him money, but if he puts a 50A breaker I...
  2. kencaz

True, but that's right on the border. I would run #6 on a 50Amp circuit, especially if a longer run. KC
  3. kencaz

Well, you can't put a plug on the flex, either straight blade or twist lock. You would have to replace the flex with cord. It should be hard wired to a box. Six feet should be enough to move the grill out for cleaning. Oh! and if he runs a 50A circuit he'll need to run #6. KC
  4. kencaz

Sub circuit breaker, Does this make any sense

Correct, The Neutral/White (Grounded Conductor), and the EGC/Green (Equipment Grounding Conductor), should ONLY be bonded at the Main Panel. Sorry, my bad. I meant EGC [Equipment Grounding Conductor]. The green wire. KC
  5. kencaz

The grounding Electrode system is for lightning protection not fault clearing. If your detached building has no metal connection to the main building, water, gas, conduit, etc, it was acceptable to install only un-grounded and grounded conductors with no EGC. In this case you WOULD bond the...
  6. kencaz

The reason that you cannot bond the Neutral to the subpanel is simple. The Neutral is a Current Carrying Conductor and the Equipment Grounding Conductor, (EGC), should only carry current for fault clearing. So, if you Bond the Neutral to the Equipment ground at a Sub panel, you have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks