Recent content by keano016

1. keano016

Humming Noise from whirlpool tub

The Unit was last used in May. I believe it is the Renaissance American Standard Model http://www.*********.com/catalog/pdfImages/da/da1418dc-0800-4546-9353-55123f4c3ded.pdf I am assuming the Air intake is the circular plastic thing on the top of the tub. Since this is in my kids bath, they...
  2. keano016

Humming Noise from whirlpool tub

Hi My American Standard whirlpool tub, used 5 times, stopped working. The motor makes a quiet humming noise, but not bubbles or water circulation. I have done some research and there is some discussion aoubt air lock and maybe the pump needs to be primed? How is that done? Will I need to...
  3. keano016

Clawfoot drain questions

Would that be a problem if I preassemble a 1 1/2 ABS drain on the tub and then just drop the ADS in the 1 1/2 riser provided that I measure correctly for the tub to fit in the area from the side wall and the rear walls?
  4. keano016

Clawfoot drain questions

Hi I have searched the forum for previous discussions on clawfoot tubs but seems like every situation is unique. I am hoping you can help me out with the way I set up the drain from this tub before I have the Oh &$#% moment when I have retiled the floor and all the plumbing is re-done. 1...
  5. keano016

Replacing a Oil Hot Water with gas

Thank you for that analytical analysis. As an engineer I appreciate the data you presented and helps me better understand the issue. I know that I have one of those eco freindly water flow reducing shower heads which should decrease the amount of water flowing during a shower, but thinking that...
  6. keano016

Thanks for all the feedback. You are right, having a plumber install the heater and get the proper permit is definitely worth it. Now, my questions is, what happens if the tank fails? What is the service company that you would call to get the tank replaced? Is that the advantage over getting...
  7. keano016

Thanks for the input few more questions. How do you rate the quality of a Rheem, A.O. Smith or GE that is sold in Home depot? The GE I am looking at is model Model # GG40T06PVT. What is the difference with the GG40T06PVK that is the same price? Also, how difficult is to install one (apart from...
  8. keano016

I want to replace my 9 year old oil tank with a gas one. Can you tell me why a plumber thinks I should re-line the chimney when the current oil one is going through the chimney. If I do not want to use the chimney, what are my options? Power venting? Does Home Depot sell any power venting ones...
  9. keano016

Hot water braker trips once in few weeks

It is the actual braker on the burner, not the braker in the electrical panel. I was trying to see if there is anything that would overload the unit so that the burner trips.
  10. keano016

Hot water braker trips once in few weeks

I have an oil hot water heater and once every few weeks the breaker on the heater trips. I find out that is does when I am ready for shower. What kind of an overload would cause the breaker to trip?
  11. keano016

Changing 14 inch to 12 inch toilet

Terry thanks for your input. Thanks again for discussing the unifit on the forum. Few questions. 1) The flange is advertisied as fitting inside a 4 inch pipe, but is that meant a PVC pipe and it is going in a cast iron, it may not fit? I would try it but the old flange is still on the pipe so I...
  12. keano016

Would that flange fit in a 4 inch cast iron pipe? I think I may have enough clearance. I am putting 17/32 and 1/2 inch plywood, and then backerboard, and then tile, so just that would give me about 1 inches or so. How far up is the maximum that the flange should stick out, or should it lay flush...
  13. keano016

So this type of a flange would not work? http://www.ronshomeandhardware.com/3-4-Off-Closet-Flange-p/745034.htm?click=1014
  14. keano016

From what I have seen, for example the wellworth line of Kohler for the 14 inch rough, their depth is 31 inches http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=&module=&item=258202&prod_num=3438-TR&section=2&category=13&resultPage=0--354827851. Compared to the 12 inch rough...
  15. keano016

It is a tight space, the toilet is perpendicular to the tub and almost in the way of reaching the sink, so every inch helps. Myabe it is not obsolete, but choices for a 14 inch sink are limited. What kind of problems can the collar cause?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks