Recent content by kalanikaau

1. kalanikaau

old shower stall floor

Thanks Jim for your informative response. I'd totally forgotten about the drain being attached (sweated?) to the shower pan, removing the existing drain will break that seal, creating a whole new can of worms. The shower is intact, with no water leakage at all, nor any water buildup problems...
  2. kalanikaau

old shower stall floor

Circa 1959 home shower stall floor(36x40) in which the 4.25 square ceramic tile glazing is cracking/separating away from the tile base. Its just the glazing material, not the actual tile itself. The edges of the glazing are sharp, defintely a hazard My options so far are to either have the...
  3. kalanikaau

Crazy things that pass inspections.

ROFL ! Could you have not matched to plumbing movement percussions in time to the banjo music ?? And I thought incompetent plumbers only existed here !
  4. kalanikaau

Conflicting info, RG 6 & ROMEX®

They will be run seperately
  5. kalanikaau

Another Americast tub issue

change of plans Because of Home Depot's liberal return policy I have decided to go with good old (heavy) cast iron tubs. The difference in price is negligible compared to the potential issues later on with Americast. Luckily the house is just single story, but has 3 bathrooms, all with tubs...
  6. kalanikaau

Another Americast tub issue

New residence, I am planning on using Americast tubs. The plumber has suggested setting these in a mortar bed, I am hesitant to do this because the subfloor is plywood (wet cement on plywood does not sound like a good idea), and that AS forbids it. Can anyone tell me why the manufacturer forbids...
  7. kalanikaau

New construction in Hawaii, exhaust fan routing

Hmmmm From what I gather gearjunkie, it seems as though you were in the Army back then and stationed @ Schofield? If I am correct on the street name (Ohai), it's still the ghettos of Wahiawa....:eek:
  8. kalanikaau

Yeah, I know Thanks Lou for the interesting and sobering video, but because of cost and logistic considerations, a truss roof was the only way to go. For those interested, I've decided to use a roof cap in this vent application, a wall vent is not an option.........
  9. kalanikaau

Where can I get a Bradford White gas water heater to install myself?

Jeez, I was going to install a shutoff valve on the hot side of the water heater also, but after watching the video, I think not........ Thankfully (I hope) T&P's are reliable devices :eek:
  10. kalanikaau

Conflicting info, RG 6 & ROMEX®

New construction, is it OK to run RG 6 cable adjacent to Romex cable? That is, in the same hole in the studs? Cable people (Time Warner) telling me it's OK, electrician tells me it's not. While I am not a IT geek, due to interference (stray signals and such) between each other cable, I would...
  11. kalanikaau

Aloha gear junkie, Did you mean Ohai St?
  12. kalanikaau

I am building a new residence on the island of Oahu, on the west end in particular. It gets very warm here, with humidity averaging between 50-90 %, depending on the time of year. Of course, freezing temperatures or snow are not concerns here, however it can and does rain heavily in the spring...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks