Recent content by kailor

1. kailor

How do I Install Toilet Flange to Stubbed Pipe in Concrete Slab

I need to install a toilet in my new garage. The finished floor is the slab itself. I have cut off the 4" PVC stubbed pipe basically at the slab surface and when I lay a level across the top of the pipe/slab I see that I don't have a perfectly level surface across the slab and pipe. Before I cut...
  2. kailor

What is the Shallowest (front to back) Elongated Regular Height Toilet?

What is the shallowest (front to back) elongated regular-height toilet? Hoping to stay under 25 inches. Hopefully under $250. I'm building a new garage to house my boat and want a SMALL bathroom. After all, the idea of building a garage is not to fill it with a great big bathroom. Thanks in advance.
  3. kailor

ABS to PVC

Does transition cement work for this? Working on mobile home and no one sells ABS pipe and fittings anymore.
  4. kailor

How To...Plumb Expansion Tank to Mobile Home Water Heater with PEX

Thanks. I guess I should also have asked if I need to build a shelf to hold expansion tank since I'm using PEX. Is the idea to simply add the tank and secure it such that it won't kink the pipe?
  5. kailor

How To...Plumb Expansion Tank to Mobile Home Water Heater with PEX

I have plumbed my electric water heater (40 gal.) in a mobile home with PEX. Inspector says I must add expansion tank. Cold inlet is near bottom. Most available space is above the water heater. How can I do this while staying all PEX? Thanks in advance.
  6. kailor

Delta Shower Faucet in Fiberglass Shower; Hole Size? Remove Plaster Guard?

I'll be installing a Delta shower faucet (132900...no tub) in a Maax S-42 fiberglass shower. What size hole saw should I use for the valve body? When I fasten the valve body to a block of wood and then fasten that block of wood between the studs, should I position it so that the face of the...
  7. kailor

Which Mortar for Bed for One-Piece Maax Fiberglass Shower?

I've never set a shower stall into any kind of bed before. I've just read and researched till I'm kind of worn out. I really don't have anything against any bed material. I just don't know what to use. That's what I'm trying to get an answer to. I guess the reason I included "(not Structolite)"...
  8. kailor

I really do appreciate all of the replies to the questions I have regarding my task at hand! I guess I should have been more clear on step 2., as I know it won't be a solid pour of bedding material. I just wanted to get an idea of how big/many clumps of bedding material so as not to end up with...
  9. kailor

Thanks. I understand now. A 60 lb. bag of Quikrete #1102.
  10. kailor

What product should I use for the bed itself?
  11. kailor

I'll be installing a Maax S-42 one-piece fiberglass shower this weekend (42" x 36"). After dry-fitting the shower into alcove, I want to set the unit in a bed of mortar (not structolite). Which mortar product (by exact name and amount please, if possible) should I use that is readily obtainable...
  12. kailor

I'll be installing a Maax S-42 one-piece fiberglass shower this weekend (42" x 36"). After dry-fitting the shower into alcove, I want to set the unit in a bed of mortar (not structolite). Which mortar product (by exact name and amount please, if possible) should I use that is readily obtainable...
  13. kailor

Mobile Home Shower Drain Installation Question

I've been helping my brother with one of his rental properties. My brother has to repair two leaking shower drains in one of his mobile homes. When installing the new drains should he use silicone or plumbers putty? Also, what is the secret to connecting to a 1" meter at the road? We have a drip...
  14. kailor

Buying a Toto Drake CST744SL; Best Replacement Fill Valve?

Hello. I'll be purchasing a Toto Drake and in my research learned that the fill valve is not the best that it could be. Should I put in a Korky 528MP or a Fluidmaster 400A when the toilet is initially installed? Thanks in advance.
  15. kailor

Self-Contained Switches/Receptacles in Mobile Home

None of the three switches were labeled "on/off." They may be single pole with 2 power taps.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks