Recent content by k.k.

1. k.k.

Connecting faucet without using braided supply hoses?

I'm about ready to install our kitchen faucet. it comes with soft copper supply with a threaded end to attach to 3/8" supply hoses. I keep reading advise to stay away from the supply hoses since they are not as dependable as copper and now i think i'm starting to get paranoid about using them...
  2. k.k.

Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher - old home renovation advice needed

thanks. Unfortunately I don't think this portion is vented through the roof. From what is could see, it was tied into the drainage system for the downspouts :confused: The downspout drain on the one side of the house seems to enter the basement and then is taken across the basement to the...
  3. k.k.

Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher - old home renovation advice needed

Hi - I'm getting ready to do the plumbing for my kitchen remodel and had a question regarding the drain line for a Double sink / Disposal / Dishwasher Currently drain goes through the floor in the basement where it is tied into 4" cast that goes into the masonry foundation. No Vent :(...
  4. k.k.

Replacing radiator shut off valve

i'll give it a shot. I don't run into much luck on these projects so maybe i'm due....! One last question: the thread on the black supply pipe should mate to to a coupling that i buy, to extend the pipe? Since we're talking about the new valve possibly not mating to an old union, is there...
  5. k.k.

i understand now, thanks! i had no idea that the threads may not mate, always figured that it would be standard. But wait......i bought a cap from lowes to seal the ends after i disconnected the rad and it spun right on and sealed. So that tells me that the thread is standard to what we're...
  6. k.k.

oh, ok.....I thought the valve that i have pictured was the only part. So you're saying that the part that it connects to on the radiator (the union?) also has to be taken out and replaced?
  7. k.k.

yes, the cap that i used to close off the pipe while working on the room was 1 1/4" I understand your directions for installing the coupling and nipple but i don't understand why you say this isn't an option for DIY. The instructions you gave seem pretty straightforward....? Thanks!
  8. k.k.

rmelo99 - thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to find find the valves at lowes or HD but that website is helpful. Why are all the 1 1/4" valves listed as "steam valves"? My radiator system is hotwater but i heard that many homes had steam originally, but were converted to hotwater at...
  9. k.k.

Hi all, just started checking out this site and already got a lot of valuable info. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to share their expertise here! I'm currently doing a renovation on our downstairs 1/2 bath / laundry room. Couple questions.... Has anyone ever had any issues with bad...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks