Recent content by justQandA

1. J

remove shower pan / base

go for mortar bed Thanks for the reply, what is shielded coupling? if I were to do this, do i just use regular pipe joint to joint castiron and pvc? but.... I have decided to do a mortar bed so I can tile on it. more work but will save cutting the concrete and cast iron pipe bought a...
  2. J

gas valve turn off

I want to turn off the gas valve in the picture do i turn off from the top like a faucet? all other valves in the house a very clear where you can turn and they are easy to turn seem like it stuck but I dare not to apply too much pressure thanks for any help in advance.
  3. J

remove shower pan / base

next step - adapting new drain location now the shower pan is out next step is to adapt to the new shower pan it has a drain 12 inch from each side of the wall (see pic) the original cast iron drain is 16 and 18 inch from the wall drain size is 1-3/4 inch (inner rim diameter) what are my...
  4. J

remove shower pan / base

thanks for the reply, i tried drilling along the inside of the rim on first drill it looks like lead came out through the bit but after the 1st drill, it seems the bit does not want to go in anymore (bits by craftsman says the best they sell, bought more than 10 years ago:D) any special...
  5. J

remove shower pan / base

I have an old shower pan (house is > 30 yr old) looks like it is fiberglass the drain connection has rusted metal inside with some hard glue? on the rim (see picture) I can lift the pan a little bit is this the lead connected drain? how do i remove this shower pan or base from the drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks