Recent content by Justin2002

1. Justin2002

Drain Layout Question

HJ - the existing vent is the exterior wall of the house. To get the new vent line over there I would be busting up the foundation in the area of the footer where it is extremely thick (12"+). I could go that route, but honestly I am concerned with demo of the slab that close to the exterior...
  2. Justin2002

Drain Layout Question

HJ- if I tie a new vent line right after the p-trap would this meet code requirements? This line would still run ~24" under the shower bed as shown in the revised sketch below:
  3. Justin2002

Drain Layout Question

I am getting ready to bust into an adjacent closet in my existing bathroom to make a walk in shower. To get the new drain location I will have to make a 135 degree turn out of the existing cast iron drain stub (see sketch). Can anyone tell me if my proposed plumbing layout in the picture below...
  4. Justin2002

Cast Iron Shower Drain Replacement (Slab)

Update: I know it has been a while but I am getting ready to finish this project up this summer. Here is where I'm at, I have the drain fully removed and capped off with a fernco blind cap right now. I am getting ready to bust into the adjacent closet to make a walk in shower, to get the new...
  5. Justin2002

Redwood - Thanks for the advice, I went out and purchased my pipe and fittings and started excavating some more to cut the cast iron. I uncovered a cast iron hub and I'm not sure how to proceed. It seems I have three options here.... 1) Cut off the cast iron p-trap leaving enough material...
  6. Justin2002

Hello - I am currently remodeling a bathroom with the intent to use a Kerdi drain. I have finished demo and have started on the drain. The house is ~47 years old and the drain is all cast iron. I am looking for some recommendations on how to proceed forward. The picture below shows the current...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks