Recent content by Just1

1. Just1

PVC Drain Pipe Sweating

Greetings all. I'm at the end of a bathroom renovation and was about to have the taper come by and finish taping the ceiling. Upon looking up the other day I noticed light brown water stains where the wall at the top of the window meets the drywall ceiling. I took a piece of the ceiling down...
  2. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

Who said anything about not cutting tile?
  3. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

You have a good point. The tiles are close but not perfect because they aren't rectified.
  4. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

No reason to pull the tub at this point. Walls are up and waterproofed. The tub was installed tight to the studs and it's completely level. I was told by one of the employees at the plumbing supply that cast iron tubs are rarely perfectly square. I was just wondering if you guys agree with that.
  5. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

The walls are parallel. They are only off by a 16th of an inch in 7 feet. I would say that's pretty square.
  6. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

Ok so I just measured from end to end the long wall the tub is against to the wall directly across and parallel to it. The measurements are within a 16th so it does seem like the room is pretty square.
  7. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

Terry thanks for the quick reply. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say though. The tub is installed level from front to back and side to side. I'm referring to the floor tiles that butt up to the front skirt or apron of the tub. Not the tub flange or tub ledge. In other words...
  8. Just1

Kohler cast iron tub

Hi all. I'm getting ready to tile the floor in my new bathroom and I have a question regarding the Kohler cast iron tub apron. The room was squared up and walls plumbed before the drywall and cement board went up and the tub was installed tight to the studs. Now that I am measuring and...
  9. Just1

Shower valve rough in

Well the left center of the plaster guard measures 1/4" to the cement board and the right center of the plaster guard measures 3/8 to the cement board.
  10. Just1

Shower valve rough in

Yes I did. That was just a mock up to see how it looked.
  11. Just1

Shower valve rough in

Looks decent right?
  12. Just1

Shower valve rough in

I did a mock up with the cement board and it doesn't look bad at all.
  13. Just1

Shower valve rough in

Good morning. I just finished having cement board installed in my tub shower combo. I noticed the Kohler shower valve is twisted to the left about an 1/8". Is this an acceptable tolerance or do these valves have to be dead on for the trim plate to look good? Thanks in advance.
  14. Just1

Bathroom Rough In

Hello everyone. I've gotten a lot of great advice by reading on this forum. I have some questions I was hoping I could get some help with. I'm renovating a bathroom and hired a licensed plumber to rough in the drain and supply lines. Most of the work they did seemed like it was quality work...
  15. Just1

Galvanized Tee for kitchen drain

Yes Jim I would have rather used brass but I couldn't find a 2" one locally. Would I be better off using a male pvc adapter threaded into the tee and then just solvent weld a pvc stub and go right to the trap with that? The only drawback I see with that option is that without the mission...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks