Recent content by Junior

1. J

Removing a tub and installing a shower

Have you ever used or heard of a product called Red Guard? I have been told that this can be used instead of a PVC membrane on the base of the shower and that it should be spread over-top of the concrete as opposed to beneath the concrete. Would you recommend using this product instead of a...
  2. J

Thanks for all of the input. I have practiced soldering and while the result isn't pretty it is definately water tight. I have attached the coupling to the copper pipe so that the top is now able to fit onto the 2 inch drain. I am moved on to attaching the concrete board to the wall and am...
  3. J

Thanks for the sweating advice. At least I knew what to ask about. I picked up the tools, had a lesson on what I was doing and it worked. Now I just need to pressure test, i.e. turn the tap on to make sure that the cap is going to stay in place.
  4. J

Under the tiles that I just took off the wall is drywall. So this must come off and then I am going to replace it with cement board. So, because the enclosure is now going to be a shower I can cap the faucet to the tub entirely, permanently? That's great. Sweat copper pipes? I need to...
  5. J

The current set up in the bathroom is with a tub where a shower head has been installed. So, you shower in the tub. I am going to remove the tub and replace it with a glassed in shower that is fully tiled. I know that there are water supply shut off for the toilet and the sink and that it's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks