Recent content by juandigital

1. J

Glen Beck's rally

The problem is that nearly half of Americans pay no federal income taxes but they still expect the government to wipe their bums!
  2. J

Changing Oil in your automobile.

Yes its a good idea to disconnect your car battery. Also throw the breaker on the garage for good measure. Might as well shut the power off to the house too. Dont forget your safety glasses, steel toes shoes, chemical apron, chemical resistant gloves, hardhat and ear plugs. And don't get me...
  3. J

sitting in the dark

Its amazing to me that we dont lose power more often. Driving anywhere in this country you will see miles and miles of the complex electrical grid which all looks very exposed to me. I see wires going basically right through bushy tree limbs that look like a limb could fall onto them any moment.
  4. J

What is a good submersible sump pump to buy?

I am happy with my basement watch dog setup for a 12v sump pump backup. Gotta keep the backup sump pump weep hole clean thou, otherwise it wont pump.
  5. J

Backup Sump Pump (battery)

I know my basementwatch dog 12 sump pump runs dry a few seconds each time the backup kicks on. The manufacturer states that this is normal and will not damage the motor. I think it would have to be running for a very long time before you had a problem.
  6. J

Backup Sump Pump (battery)

You can add multiple batteries and you arnt being paranoid. Just connect them in parallel, Its also adviseable to use the same type battery, ie deep cycle with deepcycle. I have two connected to my 12v sump pump because I have a nice basement bar. Cheers,
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks