Recent content by jtaoj

1. jtaoj

Types of water conditioning / softener

OK, i talked to the sales guy from Superior. They use a brand named Erie. This is a smart chip model, 48,000 grains. Any thoughts on this brand? thanks, Jeff
  2. jtaoj

hi, been a while, still shopping. My wife had a local company come in. The brand is Superior Water. They recommend a unit installed at about $1800. I have read a ton in this forum. I really don't get the sizing piece very well. I can replace this myself I am sure. Family of 5 (teenagers...
  3. jtaoj

hi, i need to replace an older water softener. it is all plumbed. is there some place good to do research on the types of units to consider, brands, ratings, etc.? thanks in advance.
  4. jtaoj

New to wells, air, sediment question

Actually, we think the power may have gone off, but we do not know how long. The clock on the stove was blinking, so it may have been off long enough for what you describe to occur. Thanks again for your help and information. This is all new and I hope to not make too many mistakes along...
  5. jtaoj

We have been keeping it at 55 degrees. If the power were to go out, then we would have a big problem. Any thoughts on the issues I describe? Thanks, Jeff
  6. jtaoj

No, we leave the power on the whole system, but have not left a tap running. So, from what you are saying, we need to physically turn if off and drain it each time. I think you are also eluding to something has cracked due to freezing? I did talk to another guy I know who has not had any...
  7. jtaoj

Bob, Yes. We hit freezing temps, and we have been leaving the water on. Thanks. Jeff
  8. jtaoj

Hi, just purchased a manufactured home in SE Idaho in the mountains. The place has a well. Home is < 5 years old as is the well. The well is 320' deep, and the water flow in the original document shows 30+gpm. The house plumbing is poly/plastic and the well line is poly and looks to be 3/4"+...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks