Recent content by JT42

1. JT42

Rusted/leaking connection on boiler

Leon, I'll try to post some pictures. "Leak" shows the rusted nut where the connection is leaking. "Pipe connections" is the pipe setup feeding the boiler. "Shut off & Drain" is the outflow pipe that goes to the radiators. The return pipe has the same setup. If anything else would help let...
  2. JT42

Rusted/leaking connection on boiler

Three years ago you guys were a savior for me and I'm hoping my luck will continue. I have a TT Prestige Solo 110 water boiler. The nut securing the copper pipe to the "Boiler Piping - Supply Short Assembly" is rusted and leaking. What steps are involved in replacing the nut other than...
  3. JT42

Prestige Solo 110 Pressure & Condensation

Final update – I hope!! I called for help. The guy that came out was great. He knew I was trying to fix it myself so he just told me what I needed to do. Also when he walked in the house and saw one of the radiators he gasped. He was the distributor of the Faral radiators and had sold them...
  4. JT42

Dana, the pump is inside the unit so you can’t see it. It sits between the Heat Exchanger and the expansion tank, so that’s why I assumed the water flow was away from the system. Also, that pipe is hotter quicker than the other one. I measured the temperature with tape on the pipes and that...
  5. JT42

Here is a picture of my system and the water flow is away from the expansion tank. As stated earlier, my system maxes out at 184F which is considerably higher than Dana's suggestion of 150. When my temperature is 184 and the pressure is 30, there is overflow coming out the pressure relief...
  6. JT42

Before the heater came on this morning the pressure was between 8 & 9#. The display went from 0 (standby) to A and the pressure dropped to 0. None of my manuals show an A. Immediately after the drop to 0, it went into the 9-temp/6-26 cycle. I barely cracked the fresh water valve, a very...
  7. JT42

I was afraid of that. My pipes run along the outside of the house and in the attic. The outside should be easy, the attic not so much. I'm assuming a leak would be easiest to find with the boiler at it's highest temperature and pressure.
  8. JT42

Well this didn't work as well as I had hoped. One cycle was fine, pressure never exceeded 25#. However, the next time the heater came on the pressure was 0. It cycled the 9-64 (Burner blocked – Wait for blower to start) / 6-26 (Burner off - Factory supplied LWCO device or external limit is...
  9. JT42

Yes, there is a shut-off valve that is now shut. The pressure is 14#. I will report back in a couple of days after the heater has cycled several times. Thanks.
  10. JT42

There is no outdoor reset control. The Prestige Solo 110 Installation and Maintenance manual states that 170 is the ‘Maximum Setpoint’ for Radiators. I suppose I can change from 180 to 170 via the Control Panel Parameter Mode PARA, although if I do that it states that ‘the performance of...
  11. JT42

Sorry it’s been a while, but this is driving me crazy. I was hoping to find some consistency in the pressure, but there is none. One day it stays below 25# and the next day it’s back to 30. I purged the system and tried to remove the cartridge from the auto-fill valve to clean it, but...
  12. JT42

BadgerBoilerMN, If I understand your comments, I need to turn down the fill-valve to match the expansion tank baseline pressure which now is 12. It was set at 14#. I live in a one story house and the top of the highest radiator is 6 inches higher than the base of the boiler. My Solo 110...
  13. JT42

I tested my expansion tank and the pressure was 14#. I lowered it to 12 and the highest the pressure got when heated was 28. That's still over 25 which is supposedly the max, but at least it didn't engage the overflow. Here's a picture of what I think must be my auto-fill valve.
  14. JT42

Dana, Thanks for your response. I live in the San Francisco area in a 2,200 sq ft single story home with European radiators. It RARELY gets below 30 F so the 110 could be too large. I was not impressed with the service guy that replaced the expansion tank and that's why I'm doing my own...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks