Recent content by jsanfilippo

1. J

Leak inside the tank

I don't think I have the Champion. The photos of it online look slightly different, as do the valves inside.
  2. J

Leak inside the tank

Thanks for those suggestions. With your help, I have figured out the problem... or I should say, problems. To determine if the flapper was bad, I took the flapper out of another identical toilet in the house that wasn't leaking, and put it in the problem toilet. Once I filled it up, i...
  3. J

Leak inside the tank

So to followup on this issue... I've taken the time to look more closely, and it's your more standard flush valve with a flapper. I took the flapper out and inspected and cleaned it, and reinstalled it. It's still leaking. Should I replace the entire flush valve, or would the next step to be...
  4. J

Leak inside the tank

Okay - I'll shoot a photo of the inside of the tank and post it. Might be a day or two, but I'll get er done. Thanks. Am I correct in assuming that this won't be an expensive repair, no matter what the valve type is? Is this covered under the same lifetime warranty as my faulty AS shower...
  5. J

American Standard Shower Valve issue

Great - that second document is helpful! What's the 1/2" NPT plug? It looks like it might come up from the bottom into the balancing unit? I know now that I am dealing with the same unit you guys are talking about - this is exactly what it looks like in my wall. So the balancing unit...
  6. J

Leak inside the tank

I'm not certain. How would I identify which valve it is? Would there be a part number on it somewhere?
  7. J

By fixation ring, do you mean the brass plate that is immediately behind the cartridge? If so, then I did remove that, and nothing just "popped" out. I pulled on it and still nothing. I'll post some photos to confirm we are talking about the same piece. I wasn't able to find the document...
  8. J

Leak inside the tank

Great - I'll check both of these, and will post back if I have further questions about it. Thank you!
  9. J

Sorry - the exact set of trim pieces isn't shown there. It's a single level handle, but a handheld shower head. I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'm not sure how identifying the trim is helpful. Isn't R120 the model of the valve? Can't you have various trim pieces, but the same valve? This...
  10. J

Leak inside the tank

My American Standard toilet seems to be leaking inside the tank. I don't have any water leaking externally - you can hear water slowly draining somewhere inside the tank, and then it refills once the float drops enough. I don't have any evidence of water on the floor, or from underneath in the...
  11. J

As far as I know, it's R120. It was in the house when I bought it, and I don't have paperwork. That's what they told me at the plumbing supply, and it looks like an R120 as shown online.
  12. J

Hi all, My American Standard shower valve is giving me problems. Sometimes the water simply won't be hot, other times, it's scalding. It's only a problem in that shower. Today, I took the cartridge out and took it to a plumbing supply. They said it was an R120, and that if I call Am. St...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks