Recent content by JRGlynn

1. JRGlynn

ABS closet flange too high. What to do?

The guys who roughed in the plumbing during my bathroom remodel apparently set the closet pipe too high. Either that or I didn't make the joint from the flange to the pipe correctly. I finished the floor, and just tried to set the flange. It's all glued in and floating in the air with the...
  2. JRGlynn

Back-to-back toilet installation

Thanks Terry. Nice pictures :-) That cpvc U was a temporary fix to a tragic SawsAll accident when I was removing the wallboard. It only needed to last until your crew showed up, but it leaked anyway... We're very happy with the new installation, particularly because it is now the only...
  3. JRGlynn

Here's a picture of the cross fitting. Do I need to replace it? I'll give you a call around 9 AM tomorrow to order the toilet. Thanks, JRG
  4. JRGlynn

Here are some details of my existing flange and piping. As you can see, I've removed the rotten floor and I'm down to the joists. I'd like to replace this flange and raise it to sit above my finished floor. Do you have suggestions about how to do this? Also, can I buy the new toilet...
  5. JRGlynn

Interesting. This is all original construction, which I "assume" was inspected when the house was built. It's hard to tell what my venting really looks like, because it's all in the one wet wall. If the venting is as I describe it, could this cause or contribute to the leak problem that I'm...
  6. JRGlynn

Ouch! I hadn't considered that the waste line itself might be leaking. I understand about Y-ing out lower in the wall, but I don't understand about reventing 42 inches above the floor. It sounds like this would also require repositioning the toilets to offset them from side to side...
  7. JRGlynn

My house was built in the 60s. It has two upstairs bathrooms and the toilets are installed back-to-back. The waste lines are copper and bronze! One of the toilets has had a long standing leak problem. I've just ripped out the entire bathroom floor down to the joists and it looks like the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks