Recent content by JPKatz

1. JPKatz

Help! Toto flapper replacement

Toto Flapper I have three Toto toilets that use the same blue flappers that are described above. I have had to replace the flappers several times. The chain tears through the rubber after about 6 to 8 months. Has anybody else encountered this problem? Are there any solutions. Thanks...
  2. JPKatz

Toto Toilet

I have 3 Toto one piece toilets with the large flapper. The chain for flushing the toilet has a link that goes through a rubber piece that is part of the flapper. I have had to replace the flappers several times because the link tears through the rubber. This is under normal use. Nobody is...
  3. JPKatz

Porcelain, Fiberglass, and Acylic bathtub repair problems.

I am interested in information about refinishing a bathtub. How can I contact you for information? Please send information to Jerry@jpkatz.com or to Rkrebs@umn.edu Thanks for your help.
  4. JPKatz

Sump Pumps

I get water under my basement floor periodically. I installed five 1/2 hp pumps each with a 1.5 inch diameter pipe. The five outgoing pipes are tied into a 4 inch pipe. I am looking for a 4 inch check valve to prevent any back flow. Does anybody have any ideas where I could find such a check...
  5. JPKatz

Installing a new toilet

I need to install 3 new toilets. The wall and floor of each bathroom is tile. The distance between the bolt that holds the toilet to the floor and the wall is 13 inches. The standard rough in distance is supposed to be 10, 12 or 14 inches. Can I use a toilet with a 12 inch rough in? There...
  6. JPKatz

Kohler one piece Rialto toilets

We installed 3 Kohler one piece Rialto toilets around 1983. Last year while I was on vacation the valve handle in one of the toilets fractured and the water kept on running. Nobody was home and the water ran for about 10 days. The water ran out of the tank and flooded the whole house. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks