Recent content by joshfish

1. joshfish

Hydro Pneumatic to CSV setup

time flies folks. 5 YEARS after my last check in and my cycle stop valve is still fully functional. have not touched one piece of the install since 2013. At some point soon, in conjunction with some remodeling ambitions. I will get around to installing a larger pump and re piping the house.
  2. joshfish

It just occurred to me that it has been two years since my csv install, I felt obligated to update. The system has operated flawlessly with no issues. Consistent shower head pressure has been a blessing. After the install I noted a leaky union, after some pointers from folks here some sealant...
  3. joshfish

30 connections and the only one leaking is that 1" union. I kept fiddling with it, making small adjustments, its about as close as I can get it. It leaks about 1 drop per 2 min or so. Ill give it a day and try it again. So far I really enjoy its operation. The old tank was a mess and hidden...
  4. joshfish

In the end, my at home classroom with you folks only cost me my favorite pipe wrench. Fiddling with it myself didnt cause any further cost to the system. I am not out any cash, only 2 days without the pump. I was able to fill my 80 gallon pressure tank and keep 30psi or so in it for toilet...
  5. joshfish

well guy came out today and pulled the pump, we replaced the check valve at the pump, the galv drop pipe and the well cap. New drop pipe is sch120 pvc with ss fittings. the wrench however, rest in peace. ill finally get to that leaky tank tomorrow! thanks to all for the advice! Next time I...
  6. joshfish

Just to be clear, I was using a confined space retrieval tripod with my come-a-long hooked to it. the tripod has a working limit of around 1200lbs and the drop pipe was hitched to the come-a-long and a second safety lanyard hitched to the pipe back up to an additional eye bolt in the top of the...
  7. joshfish

Im throwing in the towel. While loosening the first section of pipe one of my wrenches lost its bite and down the well it went. Im defeated, humbled and downright pissed off. No water till monday :( thanks for the help today, it sure was a fun learning experience. Im going to have the pro's...
  8. joshfish

Hope you're still there LLigetfa, you're my on call expert for the weekend. I have the pump up 15' and this is what ive got would this be the bleeder? Should I try replacing that with a plug? The entire length of the drop pipe is 1.25" steel and its getting close to over my head without a...
  9. joshfish

Ive got the cap loose, and hoisted up about 36". First 10' is 1.25" steel, im doing this by myself and I dont know how im going to get it back in. The well casing is steel as well, 6"
  10. joshfish

ohhhh thanks heavens, I knew you would be here! I want to do it right, its my own well and would rather curse the well silly today than cut a corner and curse myself later. Would pulling the pump (its only at 40' per past work orders) and installing a new check valve on top of the pump hold...
  11. joshfish

at this very moment im in the middle of this project. so far I have pulled the upper check valve and replaced it with straight pipe. Tightened everything down, turned on the pump, listened to burp of air through the system. The line will not remain pressurized, losing pressure immediately...
  12. joshfish

what might that 3/8" hose be on the top left portion, heading out into the ground?
  13. joshfish

So I ordered a Pside-kick kit with the CSV1A, the 4.4gal tank and all the other goodies. Should be here Monday afternoon. Only 5 more days of this leaking tank! is there anything I need to know, or any pointers before I start in on this thing? Should I remove that check valve all together? What...
  14. joshfish

Not so much a problem with freezing where I live. News from the well company. Tank was replaced in 2002, with a new AVC Service call in Feb 2007, stating "tank in house, water logged. pump on 6x 1 1/4 well seal outside in meter box on poly? snifter valve leaking water, pump is showing wear."...
  15. joshfish

Im not so much concerned with pulling the pump, I feel I can get it figured out. Ive never done it, however I am pretty handy. I just want to make sure that if I install a PSIde-kick / CSV setup in the house I install or replace all the appropriate fittings outside as well. Still trying to find...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks