Recent content by joseywales

1. joseywales

Why won't my toilets flush without a power flush?

Terry, thinking this through. I poured a bucket of water in the bowl and it drained perfectly. Given that, can I assume that a standard toilet would flush/drain properly? I know there was a reason the previous owner installed these, but I don't know what it is. 2 out 3 toilets in the house...
  2. joseywales

Which power flush, or best flushing standard toilet to choose- that won't splash my legs

We have two Gerber power flush, with Sloan power units. The units were recalled and one tank cracked, so I was planing on replacing both toilets. Not sure what Sloan will pay for, but don't really care at this point. I just want toilets that work. For 15 years, these toilets always seemed...
  3. joseywales

Thanks Terry. I'mm finding that out on another forum that sent me here. I just wanted to test out a standard flush, before replacing both toilets. I could probably salvage one toilet, since the tank is fine - simply replace power flush unit. Still, having urine splash your leg and wall...
  4. joseywales

Sounds like a simple diagnosis, but if things were simple I'd actually have a life and not this nightmare of a house. My downstairs powder room and upstairs master bathroom had Gerber toilets, with power flush units when we moved in 15 years ago. Long story short, they are Sloan and have been...