Recent content by Jono604

1. Jono604

Advice on PEX system valve and hammer arrestor details

Thanks for the feedback Jiim I'll take a look at the fixture specs and see if any of them require a hammer arrestor. For my toilet and sink I'm planning to terminate in a copper stub-out elbow like you mentioned. I like the rigidity of this for the shutoff valves. Thanks for the advice on the...
  2. Jono604

Advice on PEX system valve and hammer arrestor details

Hello I have installed a new Trunk-and-branch PEX system as part of a bathroom remodel (3/4" trunk, 1/2" branches to supply the fixtures) It's a simple bathroom with, toilet, single sink, tub/shower (single mixer valve) I'd like some advice on a few things: 1 - installing hammer...
  3. Jono604

pre-formed shower niches

Has anyone had success with the pre-formed niches from TileRedi? http://www.tileredi.com/ They look pretty handy but I've seen some chatter about their shower pans being hard to work with. Is it true that the tiles have to be set with epoxy thinset and if so is it considerably harder to work...
  4. Jono604

advice on wire gauge for built in oven

I'm close. very close ... ;-)
  5. Jono604

Thanks for the feedback everyone. This all makes sense. I just wanted to be thorough and understand everything before I slap drywall up. The oven (wall mounted) and cooktop are in different areas so it didn't make sense to have them on the same circuit even if that was allowed. And to...
  6. Jono604

Advice on updating old drain plumbing to current code.

Thanks hj and jimbo for your comments Just for clarification the connections to the stack are all done with sanitary tees. I got my terminology mixed up (I though a TY was a sanitary tee, I now realize a TY is a Y+45) So it looks like everything is good to go with the exception of adding a...
  7. Jono604

Yep The upstairs lav is the furthest from the stack and is only 4'. Hell the whole bathroom is only 8' wide... ;-) thanks again for the feedback j
  8. Jono604

"over-thinking" probably. "crazy" ... I don't know about that. ;-) I'm just a first time home-owner and first time renovator who's trying to do things the right way.
  9. Jono604

Hello, I 'm in the midst of a kitchen renovation and I'd like some advice on the wire gauge for a built in oven. The oven is the the only electrical appliance on the circuit and supplied directly from the panel. The cooktop is gas and it's electrical needs will be supplied by a separate 15A...
  10. Jono604

Hi dlarrivee Thanks for your response. You're partially correct. The basement lav is 1-1/2" (my mistake). The upstairs lav is definitely 2". We installed this section. In the upstairs bathroom we installed all new ABS piping but the general layout is the same as the original. We swapped the lav...
  11. Jono604

Hi I'm in the process of renovating my small 1946 bungalow. Its a fairly extensive remodel (all the drywall is off) and since I have the opportunity to access most of the plumbing, I'd like to take the opportunity to bring it up to current code if possible. I'd appreciate any advice on what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks