Recent content by joni41

1. J

move castiron tub 1/4"

opened wall I decided I could fret longer than it would take me to open and close the living room wall. There are no obvious attachments and the space under it is hollow. It does not rest on the little "feet" at the back, but only on the front lower edge and the top edge that sits on a...
  2. J

move castiron tub 1/4"

I'm preparing the walls around an old cast iron tub for tile. (House had no shower.) The tub is in very good condition and I'd like to keep it that way. To make it square with the opening it needs to be moved out just 1/4th inch, toward the room, at one end. It matters because by the time I...
  3. J

lavatory drain alternative to pop-up

Thanks! Thank you for the suggestion. Re the photo of the pull out, does it recess completely? The left picture looks as if it might, but then how does one get hold of it?
  4. J

lavatory drain alternative to pop-up

I'm installing a lavatory (with overflow) with a single hole, single handle faucet with no pop-up lever because I dislike them a lot. But now I have to find an alternative. Of course there is the old rubber stopper type, and I am actually considering that. But I'm curious about lift and turn...
  5. J

one vented fixture in whole house?

Thank you for replying. I wrote prematurely and in a panic, and since I've studied the pipes better I see how it works for this little house with few fixtures, mostly quite close together. I will replace the 1 1/4 vent with 1 1/2, and when I remodel the kitchen I may choose to add a vent on...
  6. J

one vented fixture in whole house?

I've just bought a very modest, two-bedroom ranch built in '58. There was no shower in the only bathroom, just a cast iron tub in good shape. The room is now gutted and a carpenter will hang cement board and other wall board when the wiring and plumbing are done. An electrician did the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks