J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My 15 yr old submersible pump is cycling on and off every 1-2 minutes and running about 15 seconds. For about 2 months, it was cycling on and off every 9 minutes, and staying on about 15 seconds every time. My water has been the color of peanut butter for about 2 weeks. Before this, it would get cloudy and clear up in a day of two. A friend raised the foot valve 2 feet, thinking this would solve the problem. He also replaced the pressure switch located on the tank in the crawl space. He said I have PLENTY of water in my 33 yr old bored well (has a submersible pump in it). I have been told in the past by well experts that my well is much deeper than the typical bored well. Last night I checked the toilet tank and found about 3 inches of fine, smooth mud (silt?) in the bottom of the tank. All this time I have NEVER experienced a shortage of water---no sputtering,spurting,etc. The hot water is relatively clear but is now becoming cloudier. HELP!
    Edit Report
    My 15 yr old submersible pump is cycling on and off every 1-2 minutes and running about 15 seconds. For about 2 months, it was cycling on and off every 9 minutes, and staying on about 15 seconds every time. My water has been the color of peanut butter for about 2 weeks. Before this, it would get cloudy and clear up in a day of two. A friend raised the foot valve 2 feet, thinking this would solve the problem. He also replaced the pressure switch located on the tank in the crawl space. He said I have PLENTY of water in my 33 yr old bored well (has a submersible pump in it). I have been told in the past by well experts that my well is much deeper than the typical bored well. Last night I checked the toilet tank and found about 3 inches of fine, smooth mud (silt?) in the bottom of the tank. All this time I have NEVER experienced a shortage of water---no sputtering,spurting,etc. The hot water is relatively clear but is now becoming cloudier. HELP!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks