Recent content by Johnnyf0614

1. Johnnyf0614

Shower Drain - Lead and Oakum?

I’m getting a slight leak on the outside of my shower drain pipe. When looking at the drain, there is a small gap around the silver shower pan drain/ring. I’m thinking water may be sleeping behind that and following the drain pipe and dripping into ceiling below. I was going to caulk around the...
  2. Johnnyf0614

Autotrol 440i

Great! Thanks so much. I assume it’s fairly simple to do on my own?
  3. Johnnyf0614

Autotrol 440i

Here are the photos! Thanks!
  4. Johnnyf0614

Autotrol 440i

i have an Acid Neutralizer with an Autotrol 440i control. The Neutralizer hasn’t been run in a few months. I started it up and ran a manual regeneration. It appears at the end of the cycle I still hear water draining very slightly. Almost like it’s dripping. I ran a regeneration a second time...
  5. Johnnyf0614

Sub Zero Temps - Boiler cycling

We have had a feed days straight of extreme sub zero temperatures. My oil burner cannot keep my house warm. It’s holding steady around 65 degrees even though my thermostat is set for 70. The circulator appears to be running. The pipes are hot. The baseboards are warm. The furnace is cycling on...
  6. Johnnyf0614

well pump tripping breaker

All I know is that he said it was drawing 20+amps at start up and running @7.5. Unfortunately I'm not too educated with electricity...
  7. Johnnyf0614

The breaker is off right now. I haven't been home to check it out as of yet. Plumber checked it earlier after the first trip. After he left, he ran the pump twice with no problems. About an hour later, it tripped again. And we haven't turned it back since. Is 20+amps startup uncommon for...
  8. Johnnyf0614

Sorry for the confusion... Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to determine any consistency. We've never had any tripping until this morning, when it happened twice. Plumber only stated that at the startup, I was at 20+amps. He's sending an electrician over to take a look, but hasn't gotten...
  9. Johnnyf0614

Yeah I understand. Just frustrating to think that this is all coincidental with the work that was done, and now suddenly the pump is tripping. But I guess it is possible.
  10. Johnnyf0614

Yes I'm doing lots of research online in regards to that. Just very strange that I suddenly have tripping issues, and never had 1 issue with that in the past.
  11. Johnnyf0614

Pump is about 8 years old. Never had issues with it tripping until now.
  12. Johnnyf0614

Had work done recently. Had pitless and adapter replaced, and new check valve replaced at pump. Pump worked fine for a few days. Unfortunately it's tripping the breaker now. I have a 3/4 hp 2 wire pump, on 2 15amp lines. Well guy came back out and said that pump is starting at 20amp+. He...
  13. Johnnyf0614

Tank T Leak

Thanks again. I have a plumber coming tomorrow to fix my leaks. I'll keep you posted on the resolution and any next steps. I appreciate yours and everyone else's guidance!
  14. Johnnyf0614

Tank T Leak

By the way, I timed how long it takes to fill my tank from 40 to 60. It took 56 seconds.
  15. Johnnyf0614

Tank T Leak

I'll let you know the result tomorrow. Just took a look at my leaks. It looks like I'm ultimately dripping in about 5 different spots about a drop per second. Hard to tell as there is a ton of sweating as well.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks