Recent content by Johnny-Canuck

1. Johnny-Canuck

>brand new< Bradford White gas water heater [mod: RG1PV50S6N] - not providing enough hot water. Why?

Yes. I agree. After I looked at the STIEBEL : Eltron product line, I went to look at the CHRONOMITE products and see they have really good documentation ... and I now have a better understanding of how to interpret it. But, because I'm pretty sure I would need a larger size (more complicated +...
  2. Johnny-Canuck

>brand new< Bradford White gas water heater [mod: RG1PV50S6N] - not providing enough hot water. Why?

Thanks for the input. I'm just beginning to get a bit of a sense of sizing electric "tankless - point of use" type solutions ... and understanding the "heating capacity" and flow characteristics you get with different "models" (increased power load (wattage) that I'd need to make available in my...
  3. Johnny-Canuck

Hi WorthFlorida, I followed up on your suggestion of getting a {point of use - electric-tankless} type of water heater for my Walk-In tub problem (not enough hot water from our 50 US gal tank). I found a company (STIEBEL -> models of their ELTRON line) that sells things like this in both the US...
  4. Johnny-Canuck

Think I have an air-lock in a basement tap ... how do I clear it?

Thanks James Henry ... do I ever feel stupid now :mad:. I've been fussing with this problem for 3 days now. Your comment managed to remind a senior (that's the excuse I'll claim) that the Sprayer has a little shutoff latch on it. As soon as I saw your post I went to the basement, flipped the...
  5. Johnny-Canuck

Sorry about that :oops:. It would been helpful if had described the symptom. The problem I have is that I can no longer get any water flow (hot or cold) when I open the taps. They were working normally before I did the "drain the tank to fill the tub" procedure I described.
  6. Johnny-Canuck

As part of a different issue, I totally drained my hot water tank from it's drain tap. (I just ran a hose from its drain to a tub on the floor above). After I did this, all the taps in the house worked normally, except for a basement workroom work tub that was relatively close to the hot water...
  7. Johnny-Canuck

Thanks for the response. I believe I understand the point you're making about "pressure balancing" and/or "thermostatically controlled" faucets. I'm almost positive that I have a very basic MOEN 2 handle faucet with a shower diverter (it just diverts to a hand held shower). So I'm pretty sure...
  8. Johnny-Canuck

Wow. That's a new possibility! Thanks. I'm just in the process of sending a note to a Manufacturer I've found, to get a recommendation on what size of "Electric + Tankless + Point of Use" water heater I could purchase and install that would be dedicated to servicing only the Walk-In tub. The...
  9. Johnny-Canuck

Thank you. I just finished running my "overkill" test. The tank had been set to 160F and hadn't been used in the previous 2 hours, I filled the tub using ONLY the HOT water tap. It probably took about 15-20 minutes to fill it (less than 1 hour). The results (just as fyi for anyone that's...
  10. Johnny-Canuck

Thanks very much. Definitely another possibility to throw into my bag of "solution" options. Sounds like it could be a reasonable possibility for my requirement ... and would be an alternative to investing in installing a "water tempering valve" to let me run the tank HOTTER than the standard...
  11. Johnny-Canuck

Thanks very much for all the responses. They've been very helpful. I plan to run a test fill of the tub this morning using ONLY the 160F water that's in the tank. I realize that this is (literally) an "overkill" kind of test but I'd just like to know what the water temperature would be finally...
  12. Johnny-Canuck

Thanks very much LLigetfa !!! I'm at my wits end with this Walk-In tub problem. My wife is reasonably and definitely on my case about it. :-) I can see now why my "test" is flawed. The contractor that originally installed the Walk-in tub had suggested it. But in fairness, he had previously...
  13. Johnny-Canuck

Apologies in advance for a veeeeerrrry looooooooooong post. But I'm stumped. Just before Christmas Day, I had a new rental water heater installed to service a WALK-IN tub that we had just added to our house about a month earlier. The new 50 U.S. Gal tank that was installed was a -> Bradford...
  14. Johnny-Canuck

An 'anal' question about the water supply for a fridge

Thanks for the different considerations you've mentioned, Jim. It helps me decide how I want to make my connection. I feel our water quality in Toronto is good (even unfiltered tap water) so I guess my focus on the "freshness" of the supply is from a "taste" viewpoint. I think I'll stick with...
  15. Johnny-Canuck

An 'anal' question about the water supply for a fridge

I'm a handy senior but have never dealt with (or wanted to deal with) a fridge that required a water line before. However I finally gave in to a 'kitchen facelift' project which includes a new fridge ... that has one of the 'dreaded' ice and water dispensers on the front door. I can deal with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks