Recent content by johnlvs2run

1. johnlvs2run

Japanese squatting toilet - obtaining and installing

Shilpa, Thank you very much for the information about blue earth ceramics. Also they seem to have solved the installation issues. Let me know if you get one or find out more information. :) http://www.blueearthceramics.com/
  2. johnlvs2run

Water Filters

The ASO valve needs a good 1 pound check valve to work properly. My system was losing way too much water and running constantly due to a lack of this. I installed a much better check valve plus new ASO and now the system shuts off completely.
  3. johnlvs2run

Water Filters

The TDS is 360 from the tap. The city lists a range of 410 to 790 and an average of 589.
  4. johnlvs2run

Water Filters

The waste water to good ratio should be 4:1 to 6:1. Any less than that will reduce the life of the RO membrane. Higher is better for the membrane but wastes water. I aim for 5:1 on mine. After posting here I took a good look at the push fittings and noticed they have "O" rings deep inside...
  5. johnlvs2run

Water Filters

question about leaks from 1/4" poly tubing Reverse osmosis is the best and most cost effective. Only distilled is better, but is very expensive. The city water here has 360 TDS, very high and lots of bad stuff. The RO unit reduces the water to 10 TDS. I've used only distilled or RO water...
  6. johnlvs2run

Rugged - I am 61 and have exercised for most of my life. I've run 36 marathons, done 3 on a rowing machine, do pull ups, cycling, floor exercises and continuous weights. This morning I ran 10 minutes to warm up, did a 5k at a fast pace then 25x 400 meters with 30 second rests on the rowing...
  7. johnlvs2run

Scott - Many of the squatting toilets do have the trap seal. I don't know the details but this would seem to meet the requirements for the seal. Rugged - I'm interested in getting a squatting toilet for fitness and health reasons. I didn't know the Japanese were mostly short people but I've...
  8. johnlvs2run

I'm interested to construct a squatting toilet in one of two bathrooms. They are popular around the world, but scarce in the U.S. I would rather purchase one but in lieu of this perhaps I could construct one of ceramic and tiles. It is important to me to install one as soon as possible. I've...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks