Recent content by Johnfin

1. Johnfin

Ball and Cock for 3 gallon American Standard

Who makes a decent ball and cock valve for this older toilet. I have tried the adjustable ones from ace hardware but they dont fill the tank very fast. Also need a great brand for flapper. Korky seems kind of junkie.
  2. Johnfin

Kohler Highline pressure assist install

Terry was talking about the caulking to the floor code and leaving a space open. Is that a uniform or international code. The florida code says: 405.5Water-tight joints. Joints formed where fixtures come in contact with walls or floors shall be sealed
  3. Johnfin

Kohler Highline pressure assist install

well my powerflush kohler went well. 1 hr for the job. Seal was easy. Only issue was the plastic inlet on the tank was slightly damaged. I sanded it so the id was smooth and its drip free now. Could not find original hard pipe so i went braided. I also noticed my stop is 5/8 compressing. Cant...
  4. Johnfin

Toilet bolt tightening specs

What are the specs or rules of thumb for tightening the mounting nuts. "Do not over tighten" is not too scientific. 5 turns after nuts touch toilet, for example, is better then guessing.
  5. Johnfin

Perfect Wax seal

Here is the guy who put the seal on the toilet first:
  6. Johnfin

Perfect Wax seal

What options do you have with wax? I thought it was a one shot deal.
  7. Johnfin

Perfect Wax seal

I have seen some videos of guys installing the wax seal on the toilet and others on the floor flange. What gives? I would think if on the toilet it could fall and damage it. What about the Perfect seal by Danco. Its $9, has a 10 year warranty and the toilet and be re-positioned without leaks.
  8. Johnfin

Water Pressure

Thats a little extreme dont you think? What kind of pressure did he put in that thing? Cant say I ever have seen an article about that until now but the company is in full force and being sold everywhere.
  9. Johnfin

Water Pressure

What is a clogged cartridge and how does it get clogged. 1.6gal flushmates will operate at 20psi the site says
  10. Johnfin

Water Pressure

I need to determine if I have adequate pressure for a powerflush valve. The hose bibb and toilet stop are darn near the same elevation and are 10 feet apart. Are we splitting hairs here, like 21 vs 23 psi?
  11. Johnfin

Water Pressure

I dont have special fittings, you can get a hose bib pressure tester anywhere. I need to check the pressure at the toilet plumbing stop, hence copper line and the valve.
  12. Johnfin

Water Pressure

If I use a gauge that attaches to the house bib outside my bedroom would it be safe to say that pressure would be the same as the toilet in my bedroom/bath?
  13. Johnfin

Fix crack or replace toilet tank

Yes less then 3 years old. I had a left station put in. I dont care about noise, I like that. Its like those toilets at the airport. Dang, those things could suck your butt cheeks closed. I was wondering about maintenance on the power flush. Are there parts they wear, need replacing, cleaning?
  14. Johnfin

In reality the pipe coming in turns down, its not above the septic water or scum so its like blowing a straw into a glass of water. Since the toilet is close to the tank its 3 gallons of water trying to move hundreds out into the drain field. My septic system is new and working fine, no other...
  15. Johnfin

I dont have commode choker, ok I do, but the main issue is water resistance from the toilet too close to the septic tank. Toilet at other end of the house has no issues because it has 50 feet to drain 3 gallons.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks