Recent content by JoeyH

1. JoeyH

Water hammer

I installed a check valve where the faulty one was, no more water hammer, and to top the cycling I set cut off pressure to 70lbs because that's what I needed in order to stop zone #4 from cycling the pump, all other were not cycling somewhere between 55 and 60lbs, I hope this holds me over for a...
  2. JoeyH

Water hammer

If I have to pull pump up, I might as well replace pump, and check vave, it was installed in 1990, and instead of metal pipes, I'll go with polyethylene, I have no idea of how deep well is, I'm sure that the deeper it is the more cost in labor it will be to pull.
  3. JoeyH

Water hammer

Because of finances, I'm in no position to pull out the pump, I may just have to install another check valve where the other one was, and hope that it holds me for a while.
  4. JoeyH

Water hammer

I removed check valve, spring was broken and it was faulty, I replaced it with telescopic coupling, after I waited an hour for PVC glue to set, I turned pump on, no water hammer is heard when on nor off, that resolved, BUT, now after pressure tank fills, water is running out of it, all valves...
  5. JoeyH

Water hammer

About 24 inches of pipe.
  6. JoeyH

Water hammer

thanks Valveman, I did not see your reply till now, my Local sprinkler store, suggested that I raise the cut in pressure to 35lbs, and that stopped the cut in water hammer, I did set the cut out pressures higher, and it did stop pump from cycling, tank pressure would not go hig, so ok, I'm going...
  7. JoeyH

Water hammer

Found horizontal check valve, after much digging, I have not replaced it yet, I guess that I have to cut PVC pipe on one side to unscrew it and replace it, any sudjestions on best coupling to reattach, since pipes have no movement to insert a regular coupling. I have also noticed that water...
  8. JoeyH

Water hammer

Thank you both Lligetfa and Valveman, I've been inquiring about well pump removal, the way I see it is to pull it out, and put in a new one get rid of the old galvanized pipes and used 160 psi polyethylene piping with ONE new check valve, at this time I don't know how deep the well is, or how...
  9. JoeyH

Water hammer

This well pump system was installed 1990, it has worked fine to this day, other then water hammer at cut out about one month or maybe longer, now that water hammer also happens on cut in, I don't know if it's time to have a pro pull out submersible pump to replace check valve or valves, my...
  10. JoeyH

Water hammer

Upon further review, pump is back to cycling properly when sprinkler zone changed, it might be that previous zone lets out high volume of water, that's a whole other matter that may have to be addressed in the future
  11. JoeyH

Water hammer

I moved this Conversation to pumps and well tank forum, I'll keep checking here for any replies
  12. JoeyH

Water hammer

I have been digging to find the well pump, while running sprinkler system, and noticed that I no longer heard the water hammer, when I checked I found that pump was constantly running and pressure in tank would not make it to 50lbs the cut out pressure, ????????,
  13. JoeyH

Water hammer

I'm watching my sprinklers and water pressure coming out, is never been constant it varies quite a bit, I'm trying to put out as much info as I can, for better diagnostic, thanks again for your help
  14. JoeyH

Water hammer

I just verified that water hammer is occurring at both cut in and cut out, this is the first time that it happens since I first noticed the water hammer at cut out, could it have been something that I did while checking pressure in tank? When I checked pressure this morning it was at 30lbs, I...
  15. JoeyH

Water hammer

I just got up and shut off pump, tonight was my sprinkler night, the water hammer woke me up, I now belief that the water hammer is happening at both cut in and cut out, I think that at this time I need to pull the pump up from the well, find the check valve or valves and replace them, I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks