Recent content by Joewalsh1979

1. Joewalsh1979

HELP Moving Toilet Drain

Everyone: I'm glad I decided to post, all of this has been very interesting. I took Gary's advice, and measured 11" from the middle of the flange bolt holes to the wall, so I do have enough room to install the toilet with the drain as-is. I feel like this bit of sagely common-sense should've...
  2. Joewalsh1979

HELP Moving Toilet Drain

Jadnashua: Thanks for the explanation, I've been reading up on these rules and your description helps. If I end up doing anything myself, I will definitely post back with my plans before I start cutting into the joists. As of right now, I'm planning to hold off on doing something along those...
  3. Joewalsh1979

HELP Moving Toilet Drain

Thank you, everyone, for the responses, I greatly appreciate your time and willingness to help. To clarify the measurement and prove I'm not crazy, I attached another pic. HJ: I figured I might end up needing to hire a pro. I've had two contractors give me estimates on doing some of the...
  4. Joewalsh1979

HELP Moving Toilet Drain

Hi everyone: I'm remodeling a 30+ year-old, second floor bathroom and trying to move a toilet drain a few inches from the wall to accomodate a Toto Supreme toilet (I have less than 12" from the finished wall to the drain's center line with the drain's current placement). I was hoping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks