Recent content by joe4million

1. joe4million

Toilet flange too high causes rocking

fullysprinklered, well holy hell you hit the nail on the head as they say,... some bozo had put not only 2 but what appears to have been 3 wax seals on top of each other ... i pryed off 2 more rings............................i never realized such a small amount of plastic could cause such a...
  2. joe4million

so if i take a hacksaw and saw it right off between the floor and underside of the flange, i have to use a chisel and remove the rest of the flange from insider the waste pipe? would you think that would cause me more grief or is that really the only other option, then buy a proper thin flange...
  3. joe4million

Honestly not fond of the idea of using a platform to build the toilet up off the floor, even if its a 1/2 - 3/4 " lift, its just not natural i think plus i have to deal with the difference by using a wide swath of sealant to hide it... seems not the right way, i like the idea of cutting the pipe...
  4. joe4million

I tried to see if that CANPAS flange would come out, but i did not really use a lot of force or anything, i wasnt sure how to remove it, are they not ABS Yellow cemented in there?? I was worried if i tried prying it, the thing would break off and I would have a nightmere situation...
  5. joe4million

Hi there, yes, its all ABS, the house was built in 1995....
  6. joe4million

I have a new tolit, (but even old tolit did this) where it appears the toilet flange is so high after i put the wax seal on the bottom of the tolit the tolit does not sit even on the floor at all, anywhere around the toilet, Its completely on top of the seal which is on the flange, so its 100%...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks