Recent content by JMTFARMS

1. JMTFARMS

Does well water change over time?

Test said it had 0.3ppm iron in water. Was advised to drop some chlorine tabs down the well to precipitate iron, most iron will settle in well, and add a 4x10 pre-filter to catch any left. That way we would not add air to remove iron. Does that sound like it would work? Looks like a Sulfur...
  2. JMTFARMS

Does well water change over time?

We have a rental house with a deep well. Twenty + years ago we had a chem free iron filter installed because of iron in the water (tubs, sinks, and toilet staining and renter complaints). After filter was installed we had good tasting, clear, drinkable water. The filter supplied good water...
  3. JMTFARMS

Pressure switch cycles on and off rapidly

Check valve was bad. Seal/plunger had broken loose and was creating a restriction. Thanks for your help.
  4. JMTFARMS

Yes, 2 hp submersible, 11/4" pipe. I do not know how old it is, but I do know it has not been pulled for over 20 years. It also makes a lot of noise when running. Noise was greatly reduced when I removed the hydro charger, but it is still louder than any other pump/system we have. Pump...
  5. JMTFARMS

Tank is about 3 feet from check valve/pressure switch. Pictures will have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks.
  6. JMTFARMS

Tank is not waterlogged. Tank and system was empty and switch started cycling very rapidly. On off in one second or maybe even less. Switch still cycles with an open 11/4" pipe between switch and pressure tank. There is a lot of iron in the water and there is some deposits on inside of...
  7. JMTFARMS

Pressure switch is cycling on and off rapidly. I thought there was a blockage between switch and pressure tank but cannot find any. I removed a pressure relief valve and left pipe open before pressure tank and have some water flow, but the switch still cycles on and off. Tried a different...
  8. JMTFARMS

Iron filter refurbishment?

The cover on our controller said it is a Macclean. Manual just calls it a NF series Chem-Free Iron Removal System. It was manufactured by Chemical Engineering Corp.. I suspect it was sold under more than one name. Web site for Macclean and Chemical Engineering Corp. are no longer active...
  9. JMTFARMS

Priced a new controller at $300 several years ago. Media replacement and labor rough estimate at $200. Entire new syis probably $1100+. $500 to $600+ savings is making me consider rebuild. What I don't know is if the tank, riser, bypass valve, and other parts will hold up long enough to...
  10. JMTFARMS

We have a Macclean iron filter that is 20+ years old. Media has never been changed. Controller/timer has gears stripped and is in need of a rebuild or replacement. Tank seems to be in good condition (looking from outside). Filter has not been used for over a year. Backwash function has been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks