Recent content by jmericle1

1. J

Pressure valve releases in freezing weather

Fixed it (for now) So I was up at the house this weekend, temperatures in the 60s. Looked into the PRV and poked the seat with a stick and it re-seated so no more spraying. I believe the over-pressure was 100% due to the frozen check valve. Will look to get a higher quality PRV (Watts)...
  2. J

I have no idea. They system is less than a year old, was built totally to code and inspected by the county. My well guy just said not to plug the exit hole on the pressure valve because that could cause a world of other problems. I realize I didn't specifically ask about a higher PSI pressure...
  3. J

My well guy said not to exceed 75 PSI or I could blow out the underground piping from the well to the storage tank (about 100 feet). It's not the cost or effort, I'm certainly willing to replace the valve but not if I risk damaging the underground portion. I believe the underground is 1"...
  4. J

Unfortunately my pressure relief valve is not adjustable. I think I'll just set up a rig that diverts the released water down the hill when it's cold.
  5. J

Thanks very much. This is helpful. We'll see if the problem goes away again when the weather warms up. Thanks.
  6. J

Help! Wellhead pressure relief valve shoots water all over my yard I have a rural system less than a year old consisting of a 400' well and 2500 gallon storage tank. One pump sends water from the storage tank to the pressure tank, no problems there. The other pump sends water from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks