Recent content by Jman

1. Jman

Missing vents?

Ah ok. I get what you are saying. Thank you for clarifying that. The rest of the plumbing is all up to me now so let me ask you one more quick question then I won't take up any more of your time. My plan is to run the dry vents from the sinks and washer in 1 1/2" pipe up into the ceiling joist...
  2. Jman

Missing vents?

Ok, I think Im understanding. So if the toilet would have been in between the lav and tub, it would not have worked because that would have been 3 fixtures tied to 1 wet vent. But since the toilet is after the lav it satisfies the 2 fixture to 1 vent requirement. Is that assumption correct? And...
  3. Jman

Missing vents?

Hmm. I just figured there would be a vent at the start of the system that would supply air for the floor drain, tub, and toilet since the vented sink came afterwards in the chain. Sorry for this probably dumb question but how does something downstream supply air to something draining from...
  4. Jman

Missing vents?

So it doesn't need a vent on the "upstream" side of the bathroom group? Will the tub and toilet not siphon out the p-trap on the floor drain? I don't have a complete understanding of wet vents but I catch on quickly, so bear with me here as I would like to understand how everything works
  5. Jman

Missing vents?

Hello all, I am building a polebarn home and I had a friend of mine (who does under slab plumbing for a living) do the drain rough-ins as I was too busy at the time to mess with it. This is what he installed (see picture). Inspector came by and approved it without actually looking at anything...