Recent content by jmaland

1. jmaland

Can bad heat pump capacitors cause power consumption to double?

FYI, a quick post to end the chain on what the issue was ... it turns out that when the a/c company serviced my heat pump in the Winter (where the outside unit wasn't turning on and they added a "jumper wire" in the thermostat to get it working right) the jumper wire was still activating the...
  2. jmaland

The thing is that we just had a service agreement guy come out to check out the main 3 ton system (where he said the caps were bad and replaced them) and he seemed to test everything else out (even the temp blowing out the vent), so since that seems to be the biggest power consumer from the...
  3. jmaland

Thanks for all the feedback and research! Everything in my house is electric. They haven't replaced my meter yet, so over the last few days I've been trying to get a reference on the number of rotations of the disk (I have a 30 yr old mechanical meter) for different appliances in my house...
  4. jmaland

Hi, my latest power bill was double from last summer (due to the watts consumption doubling from what was used the previous summer) where I have a 2600 sq ft house in Tucson, AZ and the bill was ~$800!!! The power company is already going to change out the meter (on my request, agreeing that...
  5. jmaland

Leak at P-trap/drain connection with new kitchen sink

Why is the flex p-trap a bad thing to use? Is it not up to code? Does it get clogged easily? Leak, break, ...? I tried googling around and could not find any info on the subject. I first tried the fit using the 90 deg bend pipe that came with the garbage disposal, but it looked like the...
  6. jmaland

Hey, just a follow up on what I did to solve my problem ... I got a sink 2 inches shallower and everything fits great now (had to use one of those flex-end p-trap for the bend from the garbage disposal into the Jpipe though, since no a lot of spare room). We've been running water and...
  7. jmaland

The problem with moving the drain is that it's encased in a brick wall (which seems like it would be a huge pain to break into to move it down only an inch). Our other option of not having a garbage disposal seems easiest to fix the problem, but not a good thing to do (with the dishwasher we...
  8. jmaland

It's a deep single bowl with a garbage disposal, where the outlet straight out of the garbage disposal is an inch lower than the drain out thru the wall. It does seem funny to think that the water should flow uphill by an inch, but I was hoping that by the nature of the p-trap (to keep water...
  9. jmaland

Hi, My issue is that I installed a new sink that is deeper than the previous sink, where my output pipe from the garbage disposal is slightly lower (almost an inch) than the drain out thru the wall. I tried to add an extension between the drain out and the J-pipe connection, but had a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks